Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOURBIDDEN PIPES QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:08 AM
TurtleRacing
Cruiser
Default RE: FOURBIDDEN PIPES QUESTION

Ahh, Ok. No heat sheilds huh? I guess I didn't notice that, do you ride in shorts or do they just get that hot even with pants?

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:11 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member

I pretty much ride in pants only. They do get hot, and since I don't have highway pegs or bars, I tend to get lazy at times and rub up on them. With the wrap it's not too bad, at least you won't get burned. I defintely could ride in shorts, but choose not to.
They don't offer any heat shields for these pipes, if they did, I'm not sure if I would use them or not.....

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:14 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

TIPN8R, is the rake on your fatboy stock, or stretched a little. I looks stretched from the pic? I love the blacked out style.

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:17 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member

Warg, it's been cut and raked 3. The guy I bought it from did it, and did a real neat job too. Most guys that check it out can't figure out where he cut it. I am ordering a raked bearing set with bearings to mess around with this winter. Gonna see if I can get away w/o having to go longer fork tubes.

Old 10-19-2007 | 04:27 AM
KWashburn
6th Gear

The Harley store in my area informed me they can install these on newer/EFI bikes with O2 sensors. They have to take the one's out of your old exhaust and weld them to the new one's. So, pipes are on their way, and as soon as I get back in town, I'll take pics and post. It should look pretty cool with Black Nash Gimps and Black Exhaust.

Old 10-19-2007 | 05:28 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member

The Harley store in my area informed me they can install these on newer/EFI bikes with O2 sensors. They have to take the one's out of your old exhaust and weld them to the new one's. So, pipes are on their way, and as soon as I get back in town, I'll take pics and post. It should look pretty cool with Black Nash Gimps and Black Exhaust.
Good to hear! Just becareful after they weld them. The coating Hooker uses is more like an oxide coating than a ceramic coat. You may wind up having to send them out to be recoated.
Can't wait to see what they look like on your scoot!

Old 10-19-2007 | 05:01 PM
KWashburn
6th Gear

Good to know. I'll definitely mention that to them when I go up there. I'd weld them up myself, but I don't know where exactly to place them on the exhaust as far as downflow and back pressure. They told they have to set an initial tune and then set it up for bank 1 and bank 2. Too much work and math for the likes of me.

Old 10-20-2007 | 06:10 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member

Too much work and math for the likes of me.
Ditto....
Keep us posted on your install!

Old 10-20-2007 | 09:52 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's a look at the Fourbidden Darksides on my Springer. I've had em on for about 6 months now and will be going back to my Pro Pipe soon. Nothing wrong with the Hooker (other than a little more heat). I just like the looks and sound of my blacked-out V&H...

Old 10-20-2007 | 06:25 PM
KWashburn
6th Gear

Very nice bike 97FXSTSB!! Too bad your getting rid of those nice pipes.

Quick Reply: FOURBIDDEN PIPES QUESTION