Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a viable performance increase option?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
wb0zrd
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Is this a viable performance increase option?

If I were to install a set of HD 50 state legal SE mufflers, SE high volume air intake and their SERT ignition module and then have either the stage1 download done or better yet have it dyno tuned...am I going to get anywhere near the improvement in performance that a set of aftermarket pipes and fuel management (Fuelpak or PC III) would get me?

The reason I am looking at this is because of the crack down on motorcycle noise that is going on in the Denver area. I haveno real interest in making my bike (07 Heritage) alot louder but would like to improve the performance and possibly cool it down a little.

Thanks,

Paul in Colorado

Old 10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Is this a viable performance increase option?

Sounds like you got the right idea.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:55 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Is this a viable performance increase option?

The SE mufflers are not loud at all the key word is legal the older SE 11 were a little louder but still off the mark they stooped making them, they had the crossed flags on them. you would be much better off with after market pipes that is Vance and hines rhinehearts Samson or something like that. if you want to go with a slip on muffler the cycle shack or rush would be a nice improvement over the SE mufflers. I am running the Vance and hines true duels with quite baffles and it has a nice sound especially when you twist it a bit. I have never been stopped and we have a few locals who are always looking to nail us for pipes. I say stay away from the se mufflers especially if your looking for a better sound on your ride. around here they look to see if you have baffles in the pipes if you do you have a good chance a passing. what we do here is if they do not have a meter you plea not guilty and they usually send it back dismissed if they have a meter then you dead you have to go through state inspection which means removing you exhaust system that's a good reason to hang on to the old stock system, take your time look around find a few bikes with pipes you like and get a listen never make a snap decision it will cost you in the long run