Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat or riding position modiffications for 2006 deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 10:55 PM
hsuwol
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat or riding position modiffications for 2006 deluxe

Other posts have talked about how the softail deluxe is set up for a rider who is short leggged or 5 ft 10 inches or shorter. I am considering buying the deluxe but am 6 feet 1 inch with a 33-34 inch inseam. I know there is a "Tallboyseat" made for the softails, but it does not do much for the seat look...is there anything that can be done with the stock seat? Has anyone doen anything and what could "tall" deluxe riders recommend

Old 12-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Seat or riding position modiffications for 2006 deluxe

I am 6'02" and I have no issues on the bike. I do have a 32" inseam though, so it might help.
I put a crash bar on it, but I have not needed it for comfort. There is enough room for me to move around on the boards.

Its not that much smaller than the others, i think its just 1/2 shorter seat height than the other bikes.

Old 12-13-2005, 06:04 PM
hsuwol
Novice

Thanks for the encouragement...you dont feel "cramped" and I guess there is always the possibility fo doing something with the stack seat using rehaping/jell padding etc with a local bike unpholster shop...any other thoughts?

Old 12-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

I find it very comfortable. Even the stock seat is softening up some after a few hundred miles and getting better every day.

There is one thing, but its not a height issue. Its with the heel/toe shifter. My boots will wedge between the pegs if im not careful. Nothing scary, just may cause me to inadvertantly shift if i move my foot wrong. I will be taking the hell shifter off shortly if I cant find a resonably priced extension for the toe shifter.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:02 PM
pigdog
4th Gear

I have an 06 Deluxe and I'm 6'2". First think I did was put a Corbin solo deluxe seat on. It uses the stock grab rail. I couldnt ride with the stock seat. Its a great bike. I also put on V&H Bigshots on. Now it sounds like a B-17 bomber taking off. Nice.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...h/DSC00070.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...h/DSC00071.jpg

Old 12-14-2005, 02:50 AM
hsuwol
Novice

Thanks Rhubarb and Pigdog for your comments....Did the Corbin deluxe seat move you up higher and back a bit for a better position or was it just a better sitting seat? How did you get the Chrome grab bar to fit...or is it a separate piece from the factory seat and the Corbin just fits the space and is a better sitting saddle ?

Old 12-14-2005, 02:55 AM
hsuwol
Novice

Forgot to ask...Pigdog...noticed your hard sided saddle bags...very nice looking....where did you get them. Bike looks great by the way...can hardly wait to get my financing in order and place an order after the first of the year...I am in Oregon and weather has turned cooler and wet...but this deluxe sure has caught my eye andI have sat on it a number of times in the dealership...will plan on taking one out for a test drive or rental when they add one to their rental/test drive fleet.

Old 12-14-2005, 04:10 PM
pigdog
4th Gear

The corbin seat moves you back an 1' or 2" which is what I was looking for. I have a 36" inseem so I'm all leg. The Corbin is a firmer seat but not rock hard. The grab rail mounts to the fender strut with a bracket that comes with the seat. And you can still use the passenger pillion. I just have mine off at the moment. They also make a close seat if you want to move closer, but you probabaly want to move back.The bags are reproductions of the original bags from the 50-60s. I like the retro look of the Deluxe, so thats what I'm going for. You'll love the bike.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...3-0370_IMG.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...3-0369_IMG.jpg

heres a link to the saddlebags
www.bbreproductions.com/bags.htm

Old 12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
hsuwol
Novice

Thanks Pigdog....the seat set up looks great and does not take away from the nostalgia look...Bags link also very interesting...but do these have "quick release" function? Also, have you found in riding your deluxe that there is a more of a footboard scraping issue because of the lower ride height? Do you expect any issues with two up riding concerning "bottoming" also due to the lower profile of the bike? Thanks again for your responses...Safe riding...Merry X Mass!

Old 12-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

About bottoming... I'm 300lbs, so I'm probably close to most doubleup riding situations. No bottoming for me unless i mess up and hit that big ol pothole.
I was worried about scraping, but I haven't yet. Someone suggested a nylon block on the bottom for those that have an issue. If I get to that point, thats what I will be doing.

Quick Reply: Seat or riding position modiffications for 2006 deluxe