Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

side mount license plate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 10:19 PM
SoCal Harley
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default side mount license plate?

Looking into getting a nice side mount for my plate. Does anyone have one on their bike? If so can you post a picture or website? I would also like to get rid of the whole brake light in the back and use one that is mounted on the side plate. Any one got some good ideas?
Thanks alot.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:27 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: side mount license plate?

Favorites of mine include www.jokermachine.com www.pro-one.net and www.heartlandbiker.com Also check the Drag specialties and Custom Chrome online catalogues: www.dragspecialties.com www.customchrome.com Most will feature both vertical(not legal in all states) and horizontal(which are legal in most states)units, some will have plate illumination(needed to be legal), some will feature a brake/stop function lamp also. You will find some attach in place of your rear pegs, some on the primary cover, and many for the rear axle and swingarm.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:43 PM
JeffD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-09-2005, 01:57 AM
FatBoy2five0
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a couple of pics of mine it is a heartland that mounts to the rear peg hole , it also has a small light for illumination of the plate and an intergrated tail/brakelight, all LED and very bright, although for safety reasons I would not use as the only source of brake lights, I have converted my blinkers to run/brake/signals all of which are LED ,looks really clean and is very bright and safe.
Name:  pic2.jpg
Views: 5316
Size:  89.8 KB
Name:  pic3.jpg
Views: 2386
Size:  90.2 KB

Old 12-09-2005, 02:57 PM
gevange
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 04 fatboy rear fender with the light hole filled in and a vertical side license holder with light that I am getting ready to ebay. If you are interested let me know. I will email you pics but I can't get them to load on this site. Could be a quick change for a different look once in a while. How do you like your pipes? There on my Christmas list.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:35 PM
SoCal Harley
Tourer

mega,
Thanks for the websites. I am looking for one that attaches to the swing arm or axle bolt...............
jeff,
That is a cool mount. Gotta look up Californias law on vertical mount. Thanks alot.
Fatboy,
Your bike is looking GREAT. Your mount is cool too. So it mounts to the pass. peg? Is the peg still usable? I am sure that horizontal mount will work fine for Cali laws. Thanks alot.
gevange,
I like the shorter fender. But thanks anyway.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:39 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

Pro-one makes a liscense plate mount that bolts to the rear axle that features plate illumination and a stop light.

http://www.pro-one.net/cgi-bin/ccp51...e_frames_light

Old 12-13-2005, 02:14 PM
SoCal Harley
Tourer

Here is the one I am bidding on right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Hope I win it.

Old 12-13-2005, 02:18 PM
lennyeagle
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is the kurakn side mount bracket with led light we have sold a few of these and as always with kuryakn a very nice part and priced fair. see photo below.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:01 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

ORIGINAL: lennyeagle

here is the kurakn side mount bracket with led light we have sold a few of these and as always with kuryakn a very nice part and priced fair. see photo below.
Kuryakyn is junk. Worst chome plating I have ever seen, and parts are made mostly of substandard plastics and metals, they dont last. I know lots of places push them though. Huge markup on their parts.

Quick Reply: side mount license plate?