Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

side mount license plate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 03:17 PM
lennyeagle
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: side mount license plate?

now that is something we have never heard of kuryakn. if there is a problem they are right on it. great parts great chrome low dealer margin but the quality makes it worth it. there product just sells. first class operation and great company too work with they support there customers and product.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:29 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lennyeagle

now that is something we have never heard of kuryakn. if there is a problem they are right on it. great parts great chrome low dealer margin but the quality makes it worth it. there product just sells. first class operation and great company too work with they support there customers and product.
Sorry buddy, don't know where your buying from, but parts markup on Kuryakyn is 100% and greater. I've taken off countless kuryakyn parts where the chrome chipped, pitted, and lifted off the metal or plastic due to their cheap plating process from Asia. Great customer service does not make up for poor quality. And you and me both know there is no such thing as "low margin markup" on parts. Aftermarket parts is where the profit is at, and you know that. As I tell everybody, you get what you pay for, especially in the HD accesory market.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:36 PM
lennyeagle
Cruiser

as i said great quality and the chrome is always flawless and lasts. as far as markup never 100% we are a very large account and the margins are very close. that is the way it is. we have never heard of anyone in the bussiness bashing this company.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:41 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

I've used quite a bit of Kuryakyn and never had a complaint or problem with the pieces myself.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
lennyeagle
Cruiser

thats the feedback we always get on kuryakn. great product.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
lennyeagle
Cruiser

the quality aftermarket just does not have the heavy markup some think exists. the margins on the good product is close and a little better on the small part like a gasket the margin is high but the inventory cost is very high too have every gasket needed on the shelf. we carry every james gasket in stock as much as we can a lot of numbers and cash layout there the profit margin is higher on that type of product. we could make more on parts by selling from off brand distributors but just wont it is not worth it

Old 12-13-2005, 03:53 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

I've used quite a bit of Kuryakyn and never had a complaint or problem with the pieces myself.
How many bikes of your actually come out of the garage with any significant use put on them to show the true durability of those parts? I know a 3 year old Deuce with 2500 isnt going to be a good indication. LOL! Ill post up a stack of pics showing Kuryakyn parts I've replaced later on, and show some pics of the junk we got in that were new. I don't sell this stuff anymore or ever recommend it for good reason.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: MegaHDman

How many bikes of your actually come out of the garage with any significant use put on them to show the true durability of those parts? I know a 3 year old Deuce with 2500 isnt going to be a good indication. LOL! Ill post up a stack of pics showing Kuryakyn parts I've replaced later on, and show some pics of the junk we got in that were new. I don't sell this stuff anymore or ever recommend it for good reason.
Why not simmer down a bit here, I wasn't even referring to that bike at all. You seem to be obsessing with bashing everyones opinion here since you joined HD Forums. I suggest you relax a little and not be so quick to tell everyone that whatever they say is junk.

Thanks

Old 12-13-2005, 04:05 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

ORIGINAL: MegaHDman

Why not simmer down a bit here, I wasn't even referring to that bike at all. You seem to be obsessing with bashing everyones opinion here since you joined HD Forums. I suggest you relax a little and not be so quick to tell everyone that whatever they say is junk.

Thanks
Well, what bike were you referring to here? Any with any real miliage put on with those parts to share with us? I don't see that you own any other rides, and Kuryakyn hasn't been around very long. Sorry, I base my posts from experience dealing with these products and seeing how they stand up to use on a consistent basis. Some people here actually care about promoting good products whether they sell them or not, some people here just promote products because thats what they sell. Problem with that? Then your not in the best interests of other members here IMO. Like I said, Ill post some pics showing why Kuryakyn products are not in my own "recommended" list. The parts speak for themselves.

Old 12-13-2005, 04:08 PM
lennyeagle
Cruiser

if u have a problem with chrome which many things can effect chrome . we are on the water in fact right on the water and that causes problems with chrome u must wash the sea mist off the bike keep it dry and wax it. if u dont it simply is not the product most of the time if u have a kuryakn problem simply call them and it is taken care of. ussally they do not even ask too see it just take care of bussiness. problems with them is so rare that there product i would say is top notch. i can not imagine anyone bashing them in anyway.

Quick Reply: side mount license plate?