Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2" Under Stock Fork Tubes.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 08:36 PM
FXST
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" Under Stock Fork Tubes.

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of lowering the front of my 01 FXST by 2" and lowering the back to even up the bike.

Would I be right in saying if I fit 2" under tubes that it will lower the bike about a 1" at the front??

Cheers.....

Old 11-29-2005, 08:46 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2" Under Stock Fork Tubes.

It will lower it about 1.5" in front. Do be careful if you do lower the bike. You will scrape pretty easy lowered that much on turns and over obstacles, especially if you got alot of bumps,potholes and other road irregularities in your area. In know on the east coast, road conditions are brutal.

I lowered my bike a bit by going to an 18x3.5" front rim with a 130/70-18 tire. Stock diameter MH/90-21" tire is about 27" My new tire setup is about 25", so I ended up lowering the bike about an inch. I picked up a set of Progressive 413 rear adjustable height shocks and also lowered the rear about an inch to level the bike off without hurting handling or killing ride comfort. Worked out very well. But a 1" drop is all I would dare to do in my area. More than 1" and you have to be REAL CAREFUL.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:01 AM
FXST
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2" Under Stock Fork Tubes.

ORIGINAL: MegaHDman

It will lower it about 1.5" in front. Do be careful if you do lower the bike. You will scrape pretty easy lowered that much on turns and over obstacles, especially if you got alot of bumps,potholes and other road irregularities in your area. In know on the east coast, road conditions are brutal.

I lowered my bike a bit by going to an 18x3.5" front rim with a 130/70-18 tire. Stock diameter MH/90-21" tire is about 27" My new tire setup is about 25", so I ended up lowering the bike about an inch. I picked up a set of Progressive 413 rear adjustable height shocks and also lowered the rear about an inch to level the bike off without hurting handling or killing ride comfort. Worked out very well. But a 1" drop is all I would dare to do in my area. More than 1" and you have to be REAL CAREFUL.
I know what you are saying about ground clearance but my Heritage is about 40mm lower then my standard at the front so I think I will give it ago. It makes my standard look like a Preying Mantas compared to the heritage. I know my heritage boards scrape so hopefully with the forward controls on the standard I shouldn't have much trouble.