Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wide tire (240+) on NT

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:48 PM
SKT
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano

Might as well buy a different bike if your modding that heavily to change a 140-200mm to a 250mm+...

Also, for the record, I hate dead thread revivals of 7 years ago.

This thread topic and discussion mostly centers around 240/250 kits which are available and many of us are using them w/ no issues.

Modifying these bikes is all part of the fun!

BTW, that's a sharp looking Night Train you have too! Do you have a wide tire kit on it, or is it a 200? Stance looks great!

As for bumping old threads, I enjoy searching through old threads for pictures and interesting thread topics. It helps keep things organized so we don't have multiple threads on *How-to* heat wrap your exhaust for example.

Last edited by SKT; 04-16-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:11 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SKT

This thread topic and discussion mostly centers around 240/250 kits which are available and many of us are using them w/ no issues.

Modifying these bikes is all part of the fun!

BTW, that's a sharp looking Night Train you have too! Do you have a wide tire kit on it, or is it a 200? Stance looks great!

As for bumping old threads, I enjoy searching through old threads for pictures and interesting thread topics. It helps keep things organized so we don't have multiple threads on *How-to* heat wrap your exhaust for example.

Understood. Just saying the money dumped into making your bike into a wide rear wheeled machine is a lot. You could go ahead and buy a bike already fitted with a fatty rear and mod other parts.

I agree making it your own is all the fun in the world. Look at mine, it never ends.

Its a stock rear 200 mm tire. I opted not to go with the 250 kit because you had to put an extended front pulley on it and the wider swing arm looked "aftermarket", which took away from the bike. I didn't think it looked very good. You could tell it was added which is not what I wanted.

But I appreciate the compliment, so Thank you.
Its dropped front and rear.

Searching and read is different from reviving old threads. I read old thread all the time. But dont comment.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:16 PM
SKT
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano

Its a stock rear 200 mm tire. I opted not to go with the 250 kit because you had to put an extended front pulley on it and the wider swing arm looked "aftermarket", which took away from the bike. I didn't think it looked very good. You could tell it was added which is not what I wanted.

Its dropped front and rear.

Your signature pic is sort of deceiving at that angle as it looks like it could be a 240'ish. Suppose that air ride and bobbed fender plays into it.

I'm surprised how many people think the kit on my Deuce is factory. Throws a lot of people off because they think it is factory and because of that, they cannot figure out what model it is.

Safe travels!

Old 04-16-2014, 03:09 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SKT

Your signature pic is sort of deceiving at that angle as it looks like it could be a 240'ish. Suppose that air ride and bobbed fender plays into it.

I'm surprised how many people think the kit on my Deuce is factory. Throws a lot of people off because they think it is factory and because of that, they cannot figure out what model it is.

Safe travels!

Bobless fender