Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signal bar on a Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Turn signal bar on a Fatboy

I am looking to put a detachable sissy bar on my bike for my wife. With that being said the quick detach sissy bar plates require re-location of the rear turn signals. I already know about the bubba's brakes relocation and the HD relocation (HD version I dont think looks very good with the skinny stalks that hold the signal) So I was thinking about it and the next logical step is to put a turn signal bar on the rear fender which require drilling the fender to mount it (not a big deal just use tape to cover the paint, center punch and use a sharp bit and all will be fine) I was just curious if anyone had done this or not, or perhaps could I be the first?

Heres the pic. My mother has this turn signal bar on her Herritage classic (it will work if your bags have the quick detach hardware by the way even though Harley says it won't)

Thanks

Chris

Old 09-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Turn signal bar on a Fatboy

You gotta a Fat boy there Sonar?
If you do go look at your Mother's rear fender.
The Fat Boy is pretty flat and those signals fit a curvier bar and the fender has endentions it it for the bar.
I'd love to have that bar myself.
Let me know what you think.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:55 PM
shortfatboy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that's why HD says it wont fit...it will fit, I've seen it done...the lack of indentions cause the "flat spots" on the bar to not be flush with the fender wher it mounts...it doesn't look bad though

Old 09-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Yosemite
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Was talking to the parts person at local dealer about this the other day.

FYI, there are two versions... one for FLST, one for FLH. They are a bit different.

Am wondering how it looks myself since I want to add Easy Brackets to make my bags detachable and they say I have to move the signals a 2nd time.

AND, anyone have any idea how to move the front signals to the lower bolt location on the triple tree? I have a batwing fairing for my Fatboy and need to move the front lights down, but dont want to add a front light bar.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:19 PM
tattoome
Intermediate

I'm interested in moving the rear turn signals also. I'd like to see some pics. Has anyone used the kit from Bubba's Brakes?

Old 09-14-2007, 10:28 PM
tattoome
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Yosemite

AND, anyone have any idea how to move the front signals to the lower bolt location on the triple tree? I have a batwing fairing for my Fatboy and need to move the front lights down, but dont want to add a front light bar.
Mine are located there. Can't tell you how it's done, it was like that when I bought the bike. Looks like they just screw right into the bolt hole. The wires, wrap around the fork and up under the light housing. I'm acually thinking about adding a light bar.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:31 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My front signals are there too. Bought mine used like that as well...Go figure. I want to know about this rear signal relocation as I have some heritage bags I'd like to put on with the quick mount, but I supposedly have to move my signals to the taillight.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:12 AM
BAMAFBLO
4th Gear
Default Triple Tree Relocation

I am currently in the middle of a 14" ape job on my new FLSTFB and when removing the wires from my old bars noticed the 2 turn signal wires are wrapped separately from the rest. I decided that this would be a perfect opportunity to perform the turn signal relocation while I have the tank off. Currently my turn signals are screwed into a fitting on the hand control assembly. I then removed the lower Triple tree screw and tried to insert it into the turn signal housing. To my amazement it fit with no hesitation. I then decided to pick up a hardware bolt of the same thread/inch and cut the head off the bolt. Then take a nut with a washer on each side and thread it half way on the bolt. Screw the end into the triple tree as far as it will go and then tighten the bolt/1washer against the pot metal headlight housing on the upper fork. Now you can turn the turn signal housing onto the cut end of the bolt and screw it up to the washer on the other side of the nut. You may have to trim the bolt a bit to get it to sit tight against the housing. I now plan to remove the nut/washers, sand them a bit and then paint them black to stick with my Night theme. I can only assume that if your turn signals are in the top set of screws, then all you have to do is turn them out and screw them into the bottom set. Pending the length of the electrical cable permits you to do this.