Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got off the dyno and I'm pleased...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:41 PM
ASILKMAN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got off the dyno and I'm pleased...

'07 Fatboy with the 103" big bore kit, SE AC, Vance and Hines Big Shot pipes, and a SERT:
HP: 88.27 TQ: 100.45 A/F: ~13.3

Maybe this is what I should have expected, but I was prepared to see smaller numbers. Bike runs great, I can't believe the difference. I was contemplating head work and some hotter cams than the SE 203s, but it runs so well I'm glad I didn't spend the extra cash on uping the compression. Just thought I'd share with you guys.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned
Default RE: Just got off the dyno and I'm pleased...

Excellent...wish I had those hp/torque #'s

Old 09-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Waltman
Tourer

What's your top speed now? and 0 to 60 is .....?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:57 PM
bikereef
Advanced

very nice #s, if you dont mind, how much moola $ for the big bore kit? thanks

Old 09-13-2007, 12:44 AM
ASILKMAN
Advanced

0-60? Geez, couldn't even come up with an accurate guess I don't think. Would like to know mself though! Top speed, couldn't tell you either. Just got it back today. Don't really plan on finding out what the top speed is anytime soon!

As far as cost, the big bore kit cost something about $900. The kit itself is $1100 something but I got the V&H BSS off ebay and planned to use those so the dealer bought back the SE slip-ons that come with the kit for ~$200. Altogether: BB kit ~$900, SE AC ~$140, SERT ~$450, V&H ~$400, Install/dyno ~$750 Grand total: ~$2600.......bought everything seperate over about 2 months. Now that I totaled it up, I feel a little depressed. Better go ride some more...

Old 09-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Waltman
Tourer

Reason I ask is that there are some other riders/cagers that keep zooming by at over 80 MPH, whileI am already at 80 mph!! and mine is stock. So I'd like to know if it's worth the investment. Not that I want to race, but for my own satisfaction, if you know what I mean.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:39 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Way to Go! Awesome. Way to keep those Fatboys represented.

Part of me is jealous. The other part of me is married to my wife and I know I'll never see the first part of me again if I mention anything like this now.

Smart move to not go looking for the top-end. We all know its there.

Enjoy!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
ASILKMAN
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Waltman

Reason I ask is that there are some other riders/cagers that keep zooming by at over 80 MPH, whileI am already at 80 mph!! and mine is stock. So I'd like to know if it's worth the investment. Not that I want to race, but for my own satisfaction, if you know what I mean.
No, I'm with you. That's exactly why I did it. I'm not looking to race either, but on the freeway I thought it felt a little doggyand overallIjust wanted a little more "umph." I was on the freeway today and I had no problem getting to 80 mph fast. I really notice a difference in acceleration in 5th and even 6th gear. Overall, the $2000 something bucks to do it is nothing to sneeze atfor sure but for the difference in the way the bike feels and it still runs as good if not better than stock, I don't regret spending the money for a second.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:32 PM
ASILKMAN
Advanced

Poorboy- I'm just lucky I had the cash saved so the wife didn't neccessarily know the final cost or more than "my half" would be in a jar in her purse.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Pain Killer
Novice

I pretty much have the same set up and #'s on my 07' NT. After I did a little homework, I found a tuner that know's what he's doing and he got me another 11hp and 9 ft. lbs. for a final of 98.8 hp and 113.ft.lbs. The cost of the tune was 450.00 - he did 108 pulls, 14hrs. of dyno time and clocked 112 mi. on my bike. Sure gives the bike a little oomph than the stock 59 hp and 77 ft. lbs. Congrats and enjoy

Quick Reply: Just got off the dyno and I'm pleased...