Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time buyer looking for a Standard.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005 | 11:15 PM
btlimited
|
Stage II
Default First time buyer looking for a Standard.

I'm down here in Sunny FLorida looking to purchase my first Harley. I am looking at a standard Softail. My question to those whom may have bought an 06 or who just may know...what sales prices would you consider a good deal when walking out of the dealership? I am not stuck on getting an 06..so if you know where i can find late models out please point me in the direction?

Thanks

Chris

Old 11-27-2005 | 11:25 PM
wmiconi
Cruiser
Default RE: First time buyer looking for a Standard.

I have an 05 and love it. The market for 05 FXST's is soft because of the new 200 rear tire on the 06's. U want a fat rear, then pay msrp for the 06. Don't let them charge more then MSRP.
Cycle trader should have a few listings in FLA.

Old 11-27-2005 | 11:31 PM
JLOCKHART29
Road Captain

I agree. I have an 04 and "only" paid msrp. Learn to deal with them. They will get what they can out of you!!

Old 11-28-2005 | 12:29 AM
btlimited
|
Stage II

Thanks guys for the quick response. I can't wait to get her...thinking mid jan. Thankfully it's always riding weather down here in Southwest Florida. Thanks for all the input.

Old 11-28-2005 | 01:19 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain

I just came across this forum today. I also closed a deal on a 06 Standard today, pick it up Wednesday! I have been wanting a Softail for a couple of years but got frustrated because I would see a price of $15,000 or so in the brochures but at the dealers they would cost anywhere from $19,000 to $23,000 or up..so I would get fed up...too much money. Sure they would have some accessories added on, (things I usually did not care for) but they did not justify the prices asked.

By accident I found a dealer here in Southern California that sells their bikes for MSRP so I bought one. They are great people too, very nice, patient and FRIENDLY! BIGGS Harley Davidson in San Marcos, CA.

Keep looking and you will find a good dealer that will treat you right. When you do, you will know it and will feel good about buying from them. Good Luck!

Rick

Old 01-04-2006 | 05:47 PM
dpsantoli
Intermediate

i bought my vivid black fuel injected 2006 softail standard 1000 below msrp from woodstock harley davidson in kingston ny. it was a 150 mile ride for me but it was worth it. the dealer was great. i brought my bike home on dec. 23 2005. the temp was about 32-38 but it was still fun. the 1000 0ff was good until 12-31-05, thats what rushed by purchase.

Old 01-04-2006 | 06:14 PM
Reno
Cruiser

From one Southwest Florida to another, do not look in Naples or Ft Myers. All I have to say is that the same person owns the dealerships and they charge anywhere from 3-5k over MSRP. I bought my 06 Standard in Ft lauderdale and they treated me very well and my buddy bought his 05 Heritage over there as well. We got both bikes for MSRP. Couldn't ask for more.

Old 01-04-2006 | 07:26 PM
Scott FXSTI
Cruiser

Definately don't pay over MSRP.

I'm stationed overseas and got lucky. I bought mine for well below MSRP through AAFES.

2005 Standard.

The 2006 with it's 200 rear came out before I even got a chance to pick mine up. Made me a little sad until I got on it and rode.

Old 01-04-2006 | 10:30 PM
Harley Al
Road Captain

06FXST
I live in So Cali, and called BIGGS when I was price checking and Please trust me on this!
They will NOT give you any deal, in fact I know a guy that is a friend of the sales Manager, and wanted $ 17.350 out the door, so did South Coast Harley and I bought a bike from them in 2000.... SanDiego Harley wanted the same! The best place to buy a bike in So Cali is El CaJon Harley...they have been in around sense 1949 and are Great people to boot!
I know the sales people on a very good basis...leave me a message and I will give you all the names and info you need!

Old 01-09-2006 | 03:23 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

got my 04 from el cajon harley 17,500 tax lic. out the door
13,500 on the floor got windshield, back rest ,slip on screamin eagle pipes and extra warantee
18,000 on the bike now love it..

Quick Reply: First time buyer looking for a Standard.