Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which lowering kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
hogster1961
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which lowering kit?

Want to lower my Train but only about 1-1.5" to maintain some "softness" for when the GF rides with me,what's the best/easiest bit of kit to use? is it an easy fit job? I know I need to get hold of a shock compressor to avoid decapitation andI'm pretty handy withspanners(wrenches) any advice guys?

Old 09-09-2007, 05:12 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: which lowering kit?

I think your best choice is buying new shocks, I went with Progressive 422. They are adjustable from stock height to 2" lower. You will end up with a better shock, better dampenig ect and when lowering it you wont lose in the ride.

If you dont want to spend the extra $ for shocks some of the forum members are getting good results from the Burn Out Cycles kit for stock shocks.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the Progressive 422 also this weekend.. Lowered it 1 3/4" and settled for 1 1/4" rides like stock but looks much better. There worth the money..

Old 09-09-2007, 08:17 PM
NoVaThunder
Tourer

Where did you get the shocks and what was the damage? I have the burnout kit and it works but I wouldn't mind a little smoother ride.

BTW I tried to PM ya back and your inbox is full.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

For ease of install, ability to lower a bit, and the best ride go with Progressives.

For ease of install, ability to lower a bit, on a budget, go with Burnout Cycles kit.

The Burnout kit was my interim fix until the Progressives move to the top of the "Accessories to buy" list. Easy install and lowers more than enough to suit. Ride quality didn't feel like it changed.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 AM
MICHALISLARNACA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not use the lowering kits. They put too much strain on the shock bolts and keep bottoming out. I had one on my 2007 fatboy and I had to buy the HD OEM part which lowers the bike by 3/4' not much but you get the looks but most important the ride quality

Old 09-13-2007, 01:58 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if any of you guys have switched from the burnout kit and want to get rid of it, let me know. i tried to buy the kit last month, but apparently they are nowhere to be found. i'm not just talking about the kits, either....the whole company! the website is no longer there and the company i went through to get it said they were no longer able to carry the kits. didn't give me any more info than that.

anyway, like i said, if you wanna get rid of it let me know.....

grimm [align=right]
[/align]

Old 09-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Arlen Ness lowering kit that dropped the bike 1.5". I can't tell a difference between the ride quality now and what it was stock. The bike still feels good. It just looks a lot better now.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Trotter
Banned

Phat Performance (Matt) 389.00.. Three days to Va. Easy Install, worth every penny to me.. I cleared my inbox... LOL

Old 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

I went with the Arlen Ness lowering kit that dropped the bike 1.5". I can't tell a difference between the ride quality now and what it was stock. The bike still feels good. It just looks a lot better now.
Live2ride, is this the kit that is around $195.00 in the J&P catalog? Did you lower front and back. How long to install?
Marsh

Quick Reply: which lowering kit?