Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce price check

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:46 PM
blade814
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deuce price check

What can you Deuce guys tell me about the bike. I really like the looks, how comfortable are they? I have a chance to buy an '06 Deuce with 2800 miles on it, stage one installed - for $14600 + tax. Would be about $15600 out the door. Is this a decent deal on one. I figure since they quit making them that it should hold it's value pretty well.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:16 PM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Deuce price check

I don't think the fact that hd quit making the deuce will have much of an impact on the bike retaining value. I love the deuce, but there are a lot of them out there, so don't bank on them becoming rare anytime soon.

Comfort is ok- I think the bars should have a little more reach- I'm a little hunched over on the bike. The standard HD riding position I guess. The stock seat is terrible, but again, not an issue unique to the Deuce. I've ridden mine cross country, and I do a lot of all day rides. It's ok now with a different seat.

Can't really comment on the price- I bought mine 5 years ago. Haven't serious checked them out since then.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:20 PM
roadkingsaddlebrooke
Cruiser

I am considering a '03 Deuce, 8000 miles, advertised for $14000. I might offer $12500 for it. It is perfect. So the same price for an
06 seems OK.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:16 AM
run2bfit
Advanced

Both of those prices seem high. Watch cycletrader.com and you should not have trouble finding a much better deal. I did two weeks ago.

Dave

Old 09-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I traded in my '05 Deuce with 6,100 miles for my Custom, and I got a little over $14k for it. The dealer was asking $17,990 for it, and it sold for asking price after being on the showroom floor for two days. You can see pictures of it in my gallery if you want to see what all was done to it for that price. So I think the price of the bike you're looking at isn't bad. I would try to offer less and see if they will deal with you more, just to save yourself a few bucks. If they don't, I still think it's a decent price. As far as comfort goes, that's one of the reasons I traded it. I had the HD Stripper seat on it and loved it. I used to not do longer rides (the reason why the mileage was so low) until recently. I started doing 200 mile rides on the weekends through the mountains. The was alright for about half the trip, then my butt started hurt. Obviously that has to do with the seat, and not the bike really. I also had some Carlini T-bars on it, and they seemed to make me lean forward too much. After a while, my back would start to hurt. I'm only 5'6", so I really needed the bars to come back further. The bike looked awesome and was great for around town or short trips, but I just couldn't handle it for the longer trips. I never had any problems with the bike and loved the looks of it. I say go for it. The Deuce guys on this forum are a great help if you have any questions. You could post the same questions in the Deuce Picture Thread, and you'll get a lot more reviews on the Deuce. The guys in there are great. Good luck with your purchase and definitely get some pictures up if and when you get it.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:43 AM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member

I traded my 05 Deuce with 13,500 miles and got 12,500 for it. Of course dealer turned and put a 16,200 price tag on it. That was three months ago, and sure enough the bike is still sitting there. Dont ever think a bike is an investment or will hold its value. Out the door my deuce was 18,500. I am just glad that i got back more than i owed on it.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Bwareofprplhaze
Intermediate

sounds like a pretty good deal i bought my 03 with 12k for 13000 but it also had a pretty nice list of extras

Old 09-08-2007, 12:05 PM
2deuce
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loved my '03, love my '07 more! I put the chrome Deuce pull back bar on both as well as the Musang wide vintage seat, ride all day, no problem. Dealer sold my '03 with 20,000 miles in July '06 for $16,000. plus. I think the price is OK, but agree that value won't depend on HD not making them anymore. Not like they never brought back a bike. Good luck & enjoy.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:28 PM
dirtdart
Advanced

Paid $10,000 for 2000 Deuce with 13,000 miles on it last year.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:40 AM
breaknbad
Road Warrior

someone offered me 18000 for my 04 deuce.

Big radius,stage one, chromed nice but not too much,new seat.

Price sounds good to me.
dealer would only pay about 11000 or 12000 for that bike but would sell it for seventeen.

David

Quick Reply: Deuce price check