Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blaster vs. Leafblower

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:28 PM
bigthunder
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Blaster vs. Leafblower

I tried my leaf blower out and I really liked the results. I bought it for the leafs but since I had it what the heck.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:48 PM
vicks96
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toro Powersweeper dedicated for bike drying, about 130 mph wind. S-100 wash, sometimes followed up with Armorall carwash and rinse and then blow dry it. Meguilars detailer and ride.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:37 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Guess I'll go 'against the grain', but I love the Blaster...

Couple of us threw some money in a pot, and when enough was collected we purchased one last year after seeing them used at some custom bike shows we attended.

They do an excellent job with the various end attachments,and the warm, filtered air can do a bike in just a few minutes.

Myself and others I ride with don't keep our bikes 'spit shined' like many do, but when it's time to give them a bath S100 and the Blaster will have a dozen or so dirty bikes looking like new in no time flat.

I'd give the Blaster an A+ rating.

And yes, prior to purchasing one of these we used leaf blowers, air compressions, and about everything else, so I have compared 'other' methods, including the old manual towel method...

Old 09-06-2007, 11:43 PM
mrohman63
6th Gear

I'm glad to hear that OldFenderGuy. I've wondered about s100 and would love to have a blaster. I have had great results with leaf blower/mr clean. But the leaf blower is a bit clumsy, not filtered or heated. Now I can say I know a guy who has a blaster and says it's well worth it and get it by the wife easier.

edited for typos

Old 09-07-2007, 05:35 AM
jimb
Road Master

A leaf blower is sucking in air from right next to you, so why does it need to be heated?Also filtered?I have'nt seen a giant air filter for the front of my bike to filter the air when I'm riding it.Unless you have the suction side of the blower sitting in a frozen pile of gravel It works just fine.The "blaster" is fluff bs for someone who has a little extra cash to blow after all the chrome bolt-on stuff has already been bought.I was reading the "features" of the blaster, one says, "no more messy towel drying".Seriously, messy towel drying?How messy does it get wiping off 4 square feet of sheetmetal?

Old 09-07-2007, 08:12 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a Blaster and like it real well. They cost more because they do more. The air they blow is filtered so you don't blow dirty air on a clean bike. The air is heated so it drys faster and causes less spotting.

Bill

Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 AM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have tried the S100 route and used the leaf blower and have a Blaster Jr.(only $100 and much smaller). I will say that I have very hard water and it does like to spot on the chrome (I have thought of Mr. Clean and you guys have sold me on it). I find that the best course of action in my case is the Blaster and a towel at the same time. It does cut my cleaning and drying time significantly. The fact that the blaster blows warm air leaves less spotting and is cleaner than using a leaf blower. My paint is spotless on both my bike and my wife's black 1200L is also. Take it for what it is worth but we have about $30K into these bikes and I think that a $100 investment into protecting the paint is a small extra cost. The leaf blower is for blowing leafs, is pretty filthy and I don't want any of that crap to damage my paint.

Mark

Old 09-07-2007, 08:23 AM
rockerhead
Road Captain

S 100 Leaf Blower, and if you just gotta wipe somethig, spray on a little Pledge first!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:27 AM
lindnersreds
6th Gear

My family and I show cattle, we use a cattle blower to dry the cattle. Works awesome forthe Harley. You can have it dry no time. Kinda pricey at around $300. It has two vaccuum motors working in reverse with a heater to warm the air.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:55 AM
BGHFD
Cruiser

Water filter sounds good regardless of drying method. I used the leaf blower until it died. I don't have a great compressor and I didn't want to spend the big bucks on the Blaster, so I bought the Cycle Dry. Kind of cheap, but very light compared to a leaf blower and it's working great. Definitely painless enough in the wallet to give it a try.

Quick Reply: Blaster vs. Leafblower