Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 FatBoy owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Fats4life
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 FatBoy owners

Are you still happy with your ride? Any problems? Do you have the 5th gear clatter? Any different rear tire other than Dulop? Sorry for all the questions but I'm not a happy camper. Got 4,200 miles and it sounds like a bucket of bolts and a loud tick /ping/ding sound in 5th and 6th.Sorry again.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Waltman
Tourer
Default RE: '07 FatBoy owners

Sorry to hear you got some issues with your 07 FB. I have mine for over a year and will hit10K in the odo in a couple of weeks or so. I ride mine daily to go to work (70 - 80 mph) and have no serious issues and had no problems (no leaks, battery, electrical, starters, shakes-related issues). It's been to the the dealer twice, so far, for the 1K and 5K service, two more times for the fork cut out replacement and the engine "calibration", as they call it.It had consumed onlyqt of syn 3 since the 1K service. No wobbles; thread in the tires still OK, maybe at he 15k markI will replace them as well as stock brakes whichwork just fine, but need to be upgraded (maybe my only gripe with my ride).

I had learned to use the gears correctly, meaning 5th gear is just a transition to the 6th gear, where I'm always whenI get on the freeway. Yes, the 5th gear is noisier, but it does not bother me as explained. Will HD come up with some fix-up? Probably not, would be too expensive.

Overall, the bike is louder than other Fat Boys and it's more noticeable with the windshield on. I wear ear plugs, so that part is solved, however wind buffeting is worse. But riding at 70-80 mph without a windshield is punishing (glasses may come off, dirt hitting you, etc.).

CONCLUSION: This is my first Harley, and could not be happier, it is not perfect, but stock right out of the box, it's better than previous models. And that's how I like mine, stock.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Fats4life
Cruiser

Mine is all stock also and my first HD. I love the bike and try to stay out of 5th alot too. When I hit the 5k maker I'll try to complain about the noise again. Guess it just makes memad to pay so much and have minor problems that might cost more to fix.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:43 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Lovin' mine still... no problems, runs and rides great, and I use 5th gear quite a bit without noticable issues. I'm extremely happy!

Roger

Old 09-05-2007, 01:18 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

no problems with mine

5th gear is nosier but not abnormal for a Harley..doesn't sound like rocks either

although they fixed the 08 fatboys front fork offset...from the o7 ...i ain't gonna trade it in for that reason

my bike has 8k on it now 10k before I put it away for the winter..hopefully I wont have too..(weeks or months solid of rain/ice...snow)

Old 09-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Gucci
Novice

I have justridden my 07 FB from Sydney(New South Wales)to the Gold Coast Bike Week (Surfer's Paradise, Queensland)and back (in 4 days) including some excellent rides around the Queensland Hinterland. All in all the bikewas on the road for 10 hourson the way up and again on the way back, problems, not a one.

I originally had some reservations dothe 800kilometre ride from Sydney to the Gold Coast (having been a BMW rider since 1981). What can I say, the Harley was fantastic, did everything right (mind you a little more front brake wouldn't go astray).

My FB is now two months old and has 4,500 kilometres on odometre (approx 2,200 miles). In fact, my best mate who rides a R1200GS is now moving over to a HD.

Just for the record, I have placed a PC111, big sucker air fileter and an elderly set of screaming eagles (tapered ends) on the bike and it feels several HP stronger, not to mention it now sounds like a HD.

Cheers
Gucci
Sydney, Australia

Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 AM
beauty
Novice

[/align]
[blockquote]

I have had mine for 6 months and have noticed all the problems everyone talks about. I installed Vance and Hines pipes and that covered all the noise problems. I know the noises are still there but I can't hear them anymore. I enjoy riding more everytime I take it out. I thought I was going to sell it at first from all the problems but I have learn to live with them. You will also just give it time.

[/align][/blockquote]

Old 09-05-2007, 07:38 AM
italfatboy
Cruiser

Owned my '07 Fatboy since end of July with no problems at all. 5th gear sounds normal. Engine has no pings at all. Hottest enginetemp so farthis summer in mixed city and hwy driving was 250F. Absolutely love the bike.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:39 AM
purple haze
Road Master

I'm sorry about your problems and looks as if 08's will stay the same, I guess it is a roll of the dice on buying a lemon or not, I LOVE all the 07's & 08's, but I'm glad I have a 06. PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/5AC73504724D4014B6AC3FBD698173EC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/D2828BD268E54EDDB90D872521698143.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-05-2007, 07:54 AM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have 3,900 miles on mine and so far so good, although I need to quit spending money on it. At the 1000k service I put Mobile 1 V Twin in it and the chatter went away or so it seems. Added V&H Big Shots Staggered w/ Quiet Baffles and it now has a deeper sound. For any 07 owners that are interested I have a set of solid chrome wheels that will fit the 07's for sale also. I ended up chroming my stock wheels and now have the practically brand new solid chrome wheels sitting in my basement collecting dust. any reasonable offers will be considered.

Quick Reply: '07 FatBoy owners