Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear turn signal problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
gypsyjeff
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear turn signal problems

I have after market rear turn signals on my 93 softtail custom that I have just purchased. The signals(both sides)light but do not flash. However, the four ways work fine. I suspect the turn signal control module may be the culprit bad but wanted to exhaust other possibilities before I waste the money on something that is not needed and cant be returned. Any suggestions?

Old 11-23-2005, 12:56 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: rear turn signal problems

You need to provide all of us alot more information on your setup. Like year of your bike, what turn signal mod parts you used and their part #'s, pictures even. I can't comment until I get more info.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:53 PM
mutha
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you running front signals? if not you may need the Badlander set up to counter for no front signals..........are you hooking them up as running lights also or just signals

Old 11-23-2005, 08:13 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

The signal control module expects to see a certain impedance (resistance) in the lighting circuits. If it sees something other than what it expects, it figgers something's bad. If your new signals are a different impedance than the stockers, you'll need to "fool" the factory module. This is generally done with another module that is placed between the factory module and the turn signals. As ***** pointed out, you can try a Badlander module.

As a side note for any of you ol' farts that have bikes with the old style flasher, instead of all the electronics: If you replace your signals with some smaller ones with different lamp resistances, the stock flasher might not work, too. Get thee to any auto parts store and ask for a heavy duty flasher.