Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New buyer of Harley's good deal yes, or no?

Search this Thread

Old Today | 06:44 AM
Humphammer
|
1st Gear
Default New buyer of Harley's good deal yes, or no?

2014 Breakout CVO with Vance & Hines exhaust, windshield, Bluetooth speakers, saddlebag, sissy bar and extra padded passenger seat, accessory lighting, heated grips, mustache bar, new tires, new battery, and the front forks have just had new seals installed and repressurized. The bike is near perfect cosmetically and has a service record that all services have been completed every 5,000 miles by a reputable Harley dealer. The only drawback is it has 23,500 miles on the clock. I've never owned a Harley before is that a lot of miles for a Harley? $13,000 is the asking price. Oh, and it is the Orange and black color with a 110 engine.

Last edited by Humphammer; Today at 06:48 AM.
Old Today | 06:57 AM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member

From Black Book Powersports pricing book:

Year: 2014
Make: Harley-Davidson
Model: FXSBSE CVO Breakout
Model Type: Cruiser
Displacement: 1802
Cylinders: 2 VIN: 1HD1TD91E
Finance Advance: $10,090
MSRP: $26,899
Avg Retail: $11,450
Auction Wholesale $9,645
Clean Trade: $9,285
Fair Trade: $8,350

Note: Accessories do not add much value to the bike. Check the date codes on the tires. Cam chain tensioners replaced?

Do your homework and look around. I assume this is a private party sale.

The following 3 users liked this post by CoolBreeze3646:
DeeRoe (Today), hattitude (Today), Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 07:18 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member

23000 miles is nothing.. the bike could be fairly priced but could be 1500 over market at the same time.
CB, does the 14s have the cam tensioner issue?

Last edited by uncle kebo; Today at 07:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 07:24 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Humphammer
2014 Breakout CVO with Vance & Hines exhaust, windshield, Bluetooth speakers, saddlebag, sissy bar and extra padded passenger seat, accessory lighting, heated grips, mustache bar, new tires, new battery, and the front forks have just had new seals installed and repressurized. The bike is near perfect cosmetically and has a service record that all services have been completed every 5,000 miles by a reputable Harley dealer. The only drawback is it has 23,500 miles on the clock. I've never owned a Harley before is that a lot of miles for a Harley? $13,000 is the asking price. Oh, and it is the Orange and black color with a 110 engine.
That mileage is not a drawback. How did you reach that conclusion? Hell, I have 30k on a 22 Heritage and 80k on a 19 Street Glide, both are in perfect condition.

All those accessories and recent work performed adds nothing to the value.

Around here, $10.5 would be a fair price.

The following 2 users liked this post by 702:
hattitude (Today), Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 07:33 AM
cobra23
Road Captain

One thing to consider is that the 110 motor runs very hot. You should test ride before buying.

Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 07:50 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by uncle kebo

does the 14s have the cam tensioner issue?

No...

That was an issue with the 88" Twin Cams and their spring cam tensioners with link style chain.

In '06 Dynas and '07 all other models, HD switched to the newer cam plate with hydraulic tensioners and roller chains.

Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 08:17 AM
Humphammer
|
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CoolBreeze3646
From Black Book Powersports pricing book:

Year: 2014
Make: Harley-Davidson
Model: FXSBSE CVO Breakout
Model Type: Cruiser
Displacement: 1802
Cylinders: 2 VIN: 1HD1TD91E
Finance Advance: $10,090
MSRP: $26,899
Avg Retail: $11,450
Auction Wholesale $9,645
Clean Trade: $9,285
Fair Trade: $8,350

Note: Accessories do not add much value to the bike. Check the date codes on the tires. Cam chain tensioners replaced?

Do your homework and look around. I assume this is a private party sale.
I have been looking for some time, and am trying to do my homework as well, thus my question on this forum. I know the accessories do not add much value for the seller, but for the buyer if they are the correct accessories they do. All of the accessories on this bike with the exception of the show lights under the tank and on the frame are ones that no matter what bike I purchase I would add. So, I have found bikes that are cheaper initially but will be just as expensive in the long run after the exhaust, speakers, windshield etc. are added. Yes, it is a private party sale, but I have talked to the dealership that has performed all the maintenance work. Oil was changed with Syn 3 every 5,000 miles and the transmission and primary every 10,000. I did not ask about cam chain tensioners; I didn't know this may be a problem. Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm not following the reasoning behind the date codes on the tires. They were installed by Summit Harley when the forks were rebuilt. I was mostly concerned with the miles on it and as shown by the replies that followed seems like that isn't something to be concerned with. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by Humphammer; Today at 08:19 AM.
Old Today | 08:24 AM
Humphammer
|
1st Gear

Originally Posted by cobra23
One thing to consider is that the 110 motor runs very hot. You should test ride before buying.
I would love to do that; however the bike is in Utah, I live in Tennessee. Why would the 110 run any hotter than the 103, 114 or 117? They are all air cooled aren't they?

Old Today | 09:51 AM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member

Okay, it appears the cam chain tensioners are not an issue per HTT.

Date codes on the tires tell you how old they are, if they have recently been replace, then disregard.

Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 10:10 AM
dbarbee
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Humphammer
I would love to do that; however the bike is in Utah, I live in Tennessee. Why would the 110 run any hotter than the 103, 114 or 117? They are all air cooled aren't they?
Doc Harley recently did a video on the cylinder differences between the different engines that might help explain it.

Also, the 103 and 110 are air cooled Twin Cam engines. The 114 and 117 are Milwaukee 8 engines with oil coolers, which in my experience, tend to run cooler than the TwinCams.

Humphammer (Today)

Quick Reply: New buyer of Harley's good deal yes, or no?