Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New buyer of Harley's good deal yes, or no?

Search this Thread

Old Today | 10:37 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member

110's do run hotter, at least mine did. My 07 Fat Boy has 42,000 on it and still runs well. What color? I remember the wheels on that CVO are stunning. Have a pix to post?

The following users liked this post:
Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 11:00 AM
Humphammer
|
1st Gear

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
110's do run hotter, at least mine did. My 07 Fat Boy has 42,000 on it and still runs well. What color? I remember the wheels on that CVO are stunning. Have a pix to post?
No pics yet, I’m still in the buying process. It is the Orange and Black color. Can’t remember the exact name of the color. IMO it is the nicest color combination and you are correct the wheels are beautiful. It seems like the ones that run hot are the 107’s according to Doc Harley’s video above. The 110 should run similar to the 103’s but hotter than the 88’s and 96’s.

Old Today | 12:21 PM
WXSW
Club Member
Riders Club Member

That’s low mileage for a ten year old bike, like it was ridden 2300 miles a year. If it’s had regular dealer services at 5000 miles intervals, like you state, the owner has been following the factory service schedule. That’s enough mileage for any inherent issues with that particular bike to arise, yet is still low mileage. Like most machines, motorcycles need to be used regularly to run well. I am more concerned with a ten year old bike with extremely low mileage rather than one that has seen regular use, as bikes that are never ridden can develop problems with seals, things getting gummed-up, etc.
Too bad the bike’s not closer to you,

Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 12:44 PM
WRE4U
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

This site at Harley CVO has a lot of info regarding this model and the 110 motor. They have been known to have lifter and spring tensioners problems. All in all I never had any problems with my 110

Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 01:25 PM
YZR
Stellar HDF Member

From what I've heard the 110 has bearing issues that could lead to engine replacement. I would proceed with caution, but that's me.
ETA: seems a little expensive too, used Harley prices are in the tank now.

Last edited by YZR; Today at 01:26 PM.
Humphammer (Today)
Old Today | 01:46 PM
Humphammer
|
1st Gear

Originally Posted by YZR
From what I've heard the 110 has bearing issues that could lead to engine replacement. I would proceed with caution, but that's me.
ETA: seems a little expensive too, used Harley prices are in the tank now.
One would think that if it was going to have any of these bearing or spring issues that it would already have done so with 23,000 miles on it, but that’s a chance you take anytime you’re purchasing a used bike.

Everyone so far has said $13,000 is a little high, but with that said when I go into google search and specifically put in the filter 2014 Harley Davidson breakout CVO the bike that I’m looking at is the second cheapest one that’s listed. Most other CVO that are listed are between 14 and $16,000 with not nearly the amount of accessories that is on this bike. I’m looking at different sites but cycle trader has the most listings.