Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kury 4825 turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:56 PM
crock921
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kury 4825 turn signals

I threw this up in the electrical forum but am not getting any info so I am gonna try my luck in the softy board.

so after completing the install and noticing the fast busy, I realized that I need to install a load equalizer. No problem. I will be ordering a smartequalizer along with a tailrunner (as long as I can use them simultaneously) on Tuesday.

The issue I am having is that when the front LED turn signals were installed, the are a equivalent to 12-3 on a clock did not light up on the left hand blinker. On top of that, it would randomly blink on its own. Is this related in any way to not having a load equalizer? After looking at the back of the light. it looked as if the solder was melted all over the place. I am guessing it is just a factory defect, but has anybody had any experiencce with this? How is Kuryakyn to deal with in terms of customer service?

Thanks for the info. I pulled the bulbs out for now, but I could throw up a photo of the back of the faulty light if necessary.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:52 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: kury 4825 turn signals

I switched my rear signals to LEDs and installed a bike tronics, tail bone converter. This lets the rear signals also work as running and auxiliary brake lights. The way I interpreted the add for the converter, I thought it also worked as a load equalizer. I was wrong. I called Biketronics to verify the wording in the J&P catalog. Thetech said the add was misleading, because some words had been left out. He said that when I completed the installation I should do a momentary disconnect of the battery. Then activate each signal for about 5 seconds. He said that would allow the ECM to adjust for the different load. I did as he instructed and it worked fine.
I only changed out my rear signals, so I don't know if it would work with all 4 signals, without a load equalizer.
Tom

Old 09-02-2007, 09:46 PM
crock921
Road Captain

i will be calling those dudes on tuesday, as well as kury.

i want to get this all worked out asap so i can be done messing with tail lights and turn signals

Old 09-03-2007, 12:13 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: crock921

i will be calling those dudes on tuesday, as well as kury.

i want to get this all worked out asap so i can be done messing with tail lights and turn signals
Let us know what they say, I think I may have been given some "missinformation" about the Biketronics system.
The other reason is that I'm planning on getting one and I want to make sure I get the right things.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:09 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: crock921
I pulled the bulbs out for now, but I could throw up a photo of the back of the faulty light if necessary.
Please do, and as far a Kury goes I understand they are fairly good withcustomer service.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:12 AM
crock921
Road Captain

here are a couple shots of the back of the light. If you look in the upper left hand corner, you can see what I am talking about.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...1/IMG_2184.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...1/IMG_2181.jpg

Old 09-03-2007, 08:35 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like it's crossing circuits.....

Old 09-03-2007, 09:17 AM
crock921
Road Captain

yeah, it looks like the bad solder job is screwing up the light. A few hours could not have caused it unless the bike had some major wiring issues, but if that was the cae, I am guessing the stock lights would have popped.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 AM
crock921
Road Captain

I called Kury this morning and they referred me to the dealership, who said they would send me out a new set right away. I have to say the process was easier than expected. In about an hour I will call biketronics and chek the compatibility of a tailbones unit and a smart equalizer. hopefully I will have those parts this week as well.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:01 PM
wamp
Intermediate

I just ordered thier laydown brakelight for my wifes fatboy. It says it comes with the equalizer and you can adjust it for LED turn signals also. Have you thought about going with the LED taillight? When I drive behind her, her stock taillight looked like it was a running light with the brakes on. My LED brake light you can see for miles when lit. I hope hers is as bright as mine

Quick Reply: kury 4825 turn signals