Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 street bob

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2024 | 04:33 PM
klup
|
Tourer
Default 2015 street bob

Back in 2015 you could order a street bob from the factory with mid controls or forward controls. I really liked the look of the street bob but I wanted it to have foot boards but two different dealers told me foot boards would not work on the street bob that’s why i bought a slim as all the Yamahas and Kawasakis I had before had foot boards. Well last weekend I went to the lake of the Ozark bike festival. While walking around looking at all the bikes I seen two older street bobs and both had foot boards on them they were HD boards both had to be ladies bikes I hope anyways cause they had a lot of pink trim on them. I was hoping to talk to the owners and find out who installed their boards but had no luck. I just really like the look of the older street bobs compared to the newer ones. If I could afford to add another bike it would be an older street bob. Has anyone else seen or put boards on their street bob

Old 09-21-2024 | 05:35 PM
fskitch
Road Master

Originally Posted by klup
Back in 2015 you could order a street bob from the factory with mid controls or forward controls. I really liked the look of the street bob but I wanted it to have foot boards but two different dealers told me foot boards would not work on the street bob that’s why i bought a slim as all the Yamahas and Kawasakis I had before had foot boards. Well last weekend I went to the lake of the Ozark bike festival. While walking around looking at all the bikes I seen two older street bobs and both had foot boards on them they were HD boards both had to be ladies bikes I hope anyways cause they had a lot of pink trim on them. I was hoping to talk to the owners and find out who installed their boards but had no luck. I just really like the look of the older street bobs compared to the newer ones. If I could afford to add another bike it would be an older street bob. Has anyone else seen or put boards on their street bob
yes you could of had dealer installed foot boards on a 2015. Here’s an 07 (same frame as 2015) with Harley footboards. Funny 2 dealers lied or didn’t know what they were talking about.

The following users liked this post:
Crazy (09-24-2024)
Old 09-21-2024 | 07:35 PM
klup
|
Tourer

Wish I had done more researching I would have had a street bob but I like my slim too

Old 09-21-2024 | 07:53 PM
fskitch
Road Master

Wish I had done more researching I would have had a street bob but I like my slim too
my street Bob kinda looked like a slim after all the mods, same front end as yours except it had exposed shocks. Couple variations over the years

Crazy (09-24-2024)
Old 09-24-2024 | 09:26 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member

Back in 2015 you could order a street bob from the factory with mid controls or forward controls. I really liked the look of the street bob but I wanted it to have foot boards but two different dealers told me foot boards would not work on the street bob ...................Has anyone else seen or put boards on their street bob
You were told wrong. A few of us have put them on using the Harley Davidson kit. Harley used that very hardware putting the boards on the Dyna Switchback. Besides being wrong, those dealers missed out on making some money on a sale.

Originally Posted by fskitch
yes you could of had dealer installed foot boards on a 2015. Here’s an 07 (same frame as 2015) with Harley footboards. Funny 2 dealers lied or didn’t know what they were talking about.
WHAAATTT?!?! You can't possibly mean that. Dealers lying or not knowing what they're talking about?!?! I'm guessing that it was just ignorance, I can't imagine them passing up a chance to make a sale.

Originally Posted by fskitch
my street Bob kinda looked like a slim after all the mods, same front end as yours except it had exposed shocks. Couple variations over the years.
Yep, me too. fskitch and some other forum members gave me encouragement when I was putting mine together.

fskitch (09-24-2024)