Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering buying a 2011 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2024, 05:53 PM
BigAl62
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering buying a 2011 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic

Hi all,
I am new here, but not new to Harleys. As the titls says I am considering the purchase of 2011 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic. They are asking $6,500 and it has 53K miles on it. I have never bought a bike with this many miles. Is this too many miles for the price?

Thanks,
Big Al

Old Today, 10:01 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,198 Likes on 4,405 Posts

That's not high mileage for that year. The mileage wouldn't scare me away... IF ... it has received proper maintenance along the way.

According to JD Power, $6,100 is low retail and $8,100 is average retail. Black Book Powersports shows $6,540 as average retail.

That price is in the ballpark if the bike is in good condition and has any maintenance records....

You have to decide what it is worth to you, compared to the other bikes you've looked at. It is a buyer's market right now, I probably wouldn't offer over $6K, dependent on my inspection.

As always, IMHO, condition and how it runs are higher priorities than mileage on a well maintained bike...

With any used bike, look it over carefully. Then decide what you would be willing to pay..

Good luck

Last edited by hattitude; Today at 11:34 AM.
Old Today, 10:04 AM
binarym
Tourer
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: National Guard
Received 206 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
That's not high mileage for that year. The mileage wouldn't scare me away... IF ... it has received proper maintenance along the way.

According to JD Power, $6,100 is low retail and $8,100 is average retail. Black Book Powersports shows $6,540 as average retail.

That price is in the ballpark if the bike is in good condition and has any maintenance records....

You have to decide what it is worth to you, compared to the other bikes you've looked at. It is a buyer's market right now, I probably wouldn't offer over $6K, dependent on my inspection.

As always, IMHO, condition and how it runs are highest priorities than mileage on a well maintained bike...

With any used bike, look it over carefully. Then decide what you would be willing to pay..

Good luck
See if they'll take $5K. Let us know how you make out.