Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duece suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2024 | 01:39 AM
Xdash

FYI
Deuce 2007 info. FB page

Facebook Post

Old Yesterday | 10:01 PM
Wingsfan
Cruiser

Have an 01 carb bije with 20k on it. Second owner. Love riding it around town and outskirts but I'll stick with the street glide for longer rides.

Old Today | 04:39 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Sorry about grammar and spelling. Just rambling....

I have a stock basically other then a SE open filter style airfilter without the football cover.( Not on in my picture..like Wingsfan above). Has a Willie Skull Badge over front of filter.

Star aluminum front wheel from Harley. Extend pegs with spurs. It also has a SE rear shock that's longer then a stock one. Lowers rear 1".. Did have the shorter SE front springs but I put original back in and put front back up like stock.

Has a stock complete exhaust system off a 96TC Night Train. Looked better then that on the 04 that was shared with the FatBoy. (TC88 and TC96 shared same cylinder size and heads, so it a straight bolt on.

A clip on or off shield off an 05. Corbin seat with a small sissy pad that has a helmet lock on the upright. I have a saddle man throw over bag that attaches to 4 D-rings . Sorta looks like those D-ring leather straps support saddle bags but that's the stock Harley bags that are bolt on on a mounting package. Had metal side panels and a strengthen bar for 12 lbs rating. That bar is hanging in my garage.

That setup required tail light extension that Harley sold back then. The bar mounted tac even required the risers that where the same length. Just a wider spacing on the caps. I always used the tac for my speedometer. Looking at speed on a Harley takes one's eyes off the road.

Mine has 50k on it. Never had any engine work. Replaced alternator rotor when the drive spline stripped.

Replaced brake light switches.

Still runs like new.

The 96 has the increase in stroke. Gave it more torque for the 6 speed.

The 5 speed is no issue on a slow handling bike like a Duece. It's a bar bike stock from Harley. (For me, it was a pretend bar bike since I don't do the bar scene)

One last modification is a SE faux timer badge off a SE Duece. The SE Harley had a dual front rotor setup with reversed sliders. It was a special special. Only seen a few. Only 200 were made with a Lucky Dueces paint scene with two dice on the tank.

None of that is available now. Even part for engine are not available. Beware. I have a original option book by Harley for the Softails. It's 1 1/4" thick. These bikes were around 20k. Nothing unusual to see dealerships tack on 5k in chrome.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; Today at 05:29 AM.