Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Custom

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007 | 06:06 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Softail Custom

I agree with what others said about the stock seat, and asthe cornering, I had my bike lowered in the rear and was told that will help in the corners.

Old 09-02-2007 | 07:06 PM
TMehrens
|
Stage II

Thanks to everyone who has responded! My wife purchased an 08 105 edition softail custom for me for my 50th birthday and I've been wondering what to expect when my birthday rolls around in 9 months [:@].

Old 09-02-2007 | 07:23 PM
Kanebanger
Road Captain

My last bike was an 1200 sportster, and I can take turns just as fast on custom. The only difference between the ride on the two is that when I'm done with a long ride on the custom it doesn't feel like someone was hitting me in the back with a baseball bat like when I was riding the sporty! So congrats on the new bike and I garauntee that you are going to love it!

Old 09-02-2007 | 07:23 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Hell yeah! That's awesome. Congrats! You're gonna love it. That might be her way, though, of saying "Honey, I want diamonds for my birthday."

Old 09-02-2007 | 07:55 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Default RE: Lamo70

ORIGINAL: Lamo70

Will the 07/08 Custom king.queen seat fit on my '08 Fatboy? I like that seat alot !
Yep..HD website shows it does:

Retro King/Queen Seat for Softail® Models

Take a ride back in time on this 1960's style King/Queen Seat. Featuring a highly stylized tuck-n-roll pleated surface, this retro looking seat will bring back memories of riding free. The low and lean two-up seat profile hugs the frame and rear fender like no other. Your passenger will benefit from a longer pillion and a built-in backrest pad. Seat width 13.0"; pillion width 7.0"

51401-07

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '07-later FXSTC models. Also fits '07-later FLSTF, and '06-later FXST, FXSTB and FXSTS models equipped with Twisted Sissy Bar Upright P/N 51853-07 or FXSTC Original Equipment Sissy Bar Upright P/N 51849-07 and screw (4) P/N 4598.

Old 09-03-2007 | 12:16 AM
rifleart
Novice

ORIGINAL: Crazy Biker

I agree with what others said about the stock seat, and asthe cornering, I had my bike lowered in the rear and was told that will help in the corners.
Hey Crazy Biker, wot's that luggage you have there, looks like it's taylor made to fit over the sissy bar? What is its capacity? Looks cool.

Old 09-03-2007 | 01:31 AM
detonator
Road Captain

Love the softails hauls a** but scrapes the sh*t out of the pegs in the twistys the 21in. wheel dos follow the groove not that bad though. I wasgoing back out to my house one day and pulled out in front of a Triumph Datyona he passed me on the straight and I down shifted and twisted the throttle I was pacing @ 120mph+ and he was having a hard time getting away from me. It was funny watching him keep looking in his mirrows to see were i was. I think I suprised him! It was fun I dont do that very offten I felt he needed some love from the big V-twin.

Old 09-03-2007 | 10:58 PM
philgrocks
Cruiser

Right before I got my 2007 FXSTC, I had a VRSCAW (240mm Rear / V-ROD). I found the FXSTC handled easier than the V-ROD. They are totally different Rides. The FXSTC has a 200mm rear and the narrow front, while the V-ROD had a wider rear and not so narrow front.

Phil

Old 09-04-2007 | 03:53 PM
Finn111
Road Warrior

I have never had any problems with mine. It tracks well on the freeway, lays over nicely in the corners, (I have scraped the pegs once or twice[8D]) I have never had a problem keeping up with anybody in the twisties or having it wobble in the grooves in the road. And I have easily put 250+ mi. on it without even getting Monkey Butt.

Old 09-04-2007 | 05:49 PM
Helix
Tourer

Ive got to say that I love my FXSTC. Its my 3rd HD and it will be my last.Like Hiflyer, When I go into the HD store I see NOTHING id rather ride than what I have. No problems w/ mine and she rides like a dream. The stock seat is Ultra Comfy and cant even see changing that. I have got Samson Street Sweepers , PCIII , and Arlen ness Big Sucker in the garage ready to install. I'm just waiting for the garage temp to go under 100 degrees so I can work on the bike

Quick Reply: Softail Custom