Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Shipments moved BACK!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007 | 11:06 PM
rockerhead
Road Captain
Default RE: Rocker Shipments moved BACK!

I talked to my dealer (Grand Canyon Harley) they read me MOCO'S letter .It
simply stated that due to an undisclosed production problem that Sept deliveries
woud be post poned until October. When in October is any bodies guess.
The first rumor is that MOCO is having problems with the "C" seat. Well ship the one without
that seat .............DUH! So much for rumors

Old 09-02-2007 | 01:38 AM
fxstbharley2008
|
Tourer
Default Part of letter I am not happy!

I may get royally screwed, My dealer in a letter to me says They may keep my Rocker. (If they do this I will never buy any thing from them again!) Can they do this to me? Here ispart ofthe letter: "To be very truthful at this point, you may be lucky to get one when the bossman figures out what is going on. Those bikes will be impossible to get and if now we're only slated to get one or two, he may revise his decision and decide to keep them. If for some odd reason that is the case, your deposit would be refundable."Is there any one at HD I can call about this? []

Old 09-02-2007 | 01:56 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Default RE: Part of letter I am not happy!

Legally I'm not sure. A lot would depend on if you and he signed a contract to deliver type of thing.
If so he's gonna get in real hot water if a lawyer sees it. I think your best bet is to first double check any papers you have to see EXACTLY what it says about delivering it. Then if you have any questions he can't or won't answer go over his head to headquarters and ask them about it.
My consern here would be that if he does decide not to give it to you. By the time you find out and get your deposit money back you'll have hell to pay finding another one somewhere else before next summer.

Old 09-02-2007 | 02:09 AM
ratsmow
Cruiser

why would they keep it, if he doesnt sell it to you he can only sell it to someone else, or do you mean the boss is going to keep it for himself. Sounds like a jerk if thats his intention and i dont blame you for taking your business elsewhere dealers like this should be named and shamed in public like on this forum and see how many bikes he sells then, he might have to keep them all for himself.

Old 09-02-2007 | 02:18 AM
fxstbharley2008
|
Tourer
Default Reasons

I am or was getting the FIRST Rocker C at my dealer. - They only reasons I could see why they would want to keep it, is to show it off to generate sales. Or to sell to someone at a higher price.
(Ifthe boss had someone come up to him and said I want a Rocker ASAP and will pay you $30m - $40m. the boss just might go for it. It has been done before! Not very ecthical - I hope this does not happen!)

Old 09-02-2007 | 03:15 AM
ratsmow
Cruiser
Default RE: Reasons

have you put any money down on the bike? I put money down on a c and my dealer told me if i didnt want it when it showed up he would give me my money back and sell it to someone else. 3 others already in the lineup. he also said hed hold it on the floor for the interest free period which is 3 months so he could generate sales like you mentioned or for any time within that period untill i was ready to pick it up. if youve put money down on it it should be yours, if you havent maybe you should or maybe go to another dealer that wont guzump you, cheers Craig

Old 09-02-2007 | 03:24 AM
fxstbharley2008
|
Tourer

I put $500.00 down on 7/17/07

Old 09-02-2007 | 04:11 AM
aliandray
Cruiser

I think it depends if you have a written "contract" and what that states - there are probably a lot of get-out clauses. Anyway does make you wonder whats going on at the factory with the build - I have always been cautious about the "first of a kind" models. If you guys in the US are having to wait, goodness knows when they will arive in the UK. I was going to put off a decision to buy the FXSTC until I had a test ride or at least looked at and sat on a Rocker - may just order the FSXTC now instead.

Old 09-02-2007 | 06:39 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Default RE: Rocker Shipments moved BACK!

With mortgage payments as they are and the general state of the economy who the hell is going to pay $900Aus for a console and $100Aus+ per game. If pacman and space invaders were good enough for us 20 years ago, why shouldn't they be today. I bought battlefield 2 for xbox360 and played it for 10 mins. Havent touched it since... but I will play Galaga on my pc for an hour if I am bored

How the hell did we get onto game consoles btw?

DeanO

ORIGINAL: crock921

didn't work so well for sony, they cant sell PS3s whatsoever. nintendo taught everyone that a low priced quality product will outsell hype any day of the week..i have both systems, sadly enough

Old 09-02-2007 | 12:34 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: fxstbharley2008

I may get royally screwed, My dealer in a letter to me says They may keep my Rocker. (If they do this I will never buy any thing from them again!) Can they do this to me? Here ispart ofthe letter: "To be very truthful at this point, you may be lucky to get one when the bossman figures out what is going on. Those bikes will be impossible to get and if now we're only slated to get one or two, he may revise his decision and decide to keep them. If for some odd reason that is the case, your deposit would be refundable."Is there any one at HD I can call about this? []
They'd want to keep it for two reasons... to have one on the floor to generate interest, as stated, and to tag on a premium over and above the typical sales price. Dealers do that when they have a hot commodity... they did it with the '06 Vettes when they first came out and were selling them for $5-10k over standard sales price. I waited about 10 months and got mine for under sticker price, but had to play the waiting game for the frenzy to subside.

I can't believe the dealer actually put that in writing!!! That is probably fortunate for you, as it certainly gives you some ammo if it ends up having to go to court. Not sure what state you live in? Here in California you'd probably have a real good case, if that's the way it played out. Of course, it is questionable what damages could be legitimately claimed, beyond accumulated interest on your deposit (sorry to say). I'm certainly no lawyer, so if it gets deeper get some legal advice from someone who knows.

Hopefully it all plays out straight forward and you get what you want in the end. Good luck!

Roger

Quick Reply: Rocker Shipments moved BACK!