Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Slip-On Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:50 PM
concepi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Slip-On Mufflers

doc,

you mentioned it took your dealer less than half an hour to intall the SE slip-ons. I just picked up my deluxe and the stealer had my rinehart slip-ons plus the airfilter installed, charged me 2.5 hours at USD 90 each - is he robbing me....??? love the rineharts but should probably look out for a non HD mechanic..
cheers/ chris

Old 09-02-2007, 12:29 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: concepi

doc,

you mentioned it took your dealer less than half an hour to intall the SE slip-ons. I just picked up my deluxe and the stealer had my rinehart slip-ons plus the airfilter installed, charged me 2.5 hours at USD 90 each - is he robbing me....??? love the rineharts but should probably look out for a non HD mechanic..
cheers/ chris
The total bill was under $370, and that included taxes and labor. I get 10% off parts but my bud doesn't (I bought the service contract and he didn't). So he likely paid full retail plus labor, so they couldn't have charged him much more than half-hour of labor. I didn't see the actual bill, but I was there when they put the pipes on so I know it wasn't much more than 20 minutes of time and it definitely was not more than 30 minutes.

I can't imagine that it took 2 hours to change an air filter.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The part # 34454-07B/DT is for the install of the street legal pipes, or the A/C, or both. cleared up the slight surging, and throttle responce was alot better. and seemed a little louder with the littleextra fuel.. Seat of the pantssmoothness, it was worth the cost, and there getting weird about the warrenty issues, looking for any crack in the door leftopen...There makeing it hard to just have one bike in the garage..I'll keep my old carb bikes around for awhile.. LOL

Old 09-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

I had the '07 Se's and they definatley don't add much in the way of performance because they are still very restrictive. The Rush 2.0 I switched to added 7 more HP alone. Even though they are alot louder then the '07 Se's you can keep them quiet when you need too. They bark the loudest want you crack the throttle. I will say that the '07 Se's are much better then stock yet not intrusive to those who don't want to be loud.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Wayno765
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy do it yourself project. Two clamps, four bolts and you are done. My rear stock came of easy, front took a little more patience and persuasian.