Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin vs Mustang vs LePera Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007 | 11:12 AM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Default RE: Corbin vs Mustang vs LePera Seats

The OL had a Le Pera on her '88 Sportster. A chunk of 1X12 pine would have been more comfortable.

Old 09-02-2007 | 12:00 PM
STREAK
Road Master

C&C doesn't have one w/ a driver backrest, though.. correct?

Wayne

Old 09-02-2007 | 12:43 PM
crock921
Road Captain

the word around the campfire is that a corbin is going to be a bit harder than a stang.

Old 09-02-2007 | 01:02 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: STREAK

Wayne
Wayne - I don't see one listed on their Products page, but couldn't imaging why you'd need one, at least with my two seats. They sit you down considerably into the seat itself, and have great lower back support built-in to their design. A backrest would be useless as far as I can tell.

Roger

Old 09-02-2007 | 01:46 PM
STREAK
Road Master

ORIGINAL: tunaman

Wayne

Wayne - I don't see one listed on their Products page, but couldn't imaging why you'd need one, at least with my two seats. They sit you down considerably into the seat itself, and have great lower back support built-in to their design. A backrest would be useless as far as I can tell.

Roger
Hmmmm.. maybe that IS what I need then.. I currently have a Mustang Daytripper.. looks great and is comfy.. but no lower back support. I really don't 'want' a backrest from a cosmetic standpoint.. but really like to have the lower back support on those very long rides ... which C&C should I look at?

Wayne

Old 09-02-2007 | 01:57 PM
AcidRayn
Banned

im very glad to read this, as i have a mustang touring coming next week, i got the driverback rest already and cant wait.
though its not for me so much as my fiancee`, i like the stock seat on my rkc, but she cant go more then 50 miles without her back killing her, so i put in some electrical outlets at my friends bourget shop, and he's gettin me the seat for barter , 45$ in material and an hours time for a 600$ seat back rest set up is okay in my book!!
i'll let yas know how i like it

Old 09-02-2007 | 02:37 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Hmmmm.. maybe that IS what I need then.. I currently have a Mustang Daytripper.. looks great and is comfy.. but no lower back support. I really don't 'want' a backrest from a cosmetic standpoint.. but really like to have the lower back support on those very long rides ... which C&C should I look at?

Wayne
Not sure what your needs are, but I've got the Solo and Sport Tour, and they are serving my purposes well. I use the Solo most of the time, as the wife only rides occassionally, but when she does I'll put the Sport Tour on for two-up riding.

Here's a close-up of the Solo and Sport Tour seats, so you can see the countours:

I don't suggest that they're the right seats for doing long distances, and I'm still looking for the right solution for a "mileage" seat, but they're great for shorter trips, look awesome, and are extremely well made. Great customer support also.

Roger

Old 09-02-2007 | 04:27 PM
V2HD
Novice

I've owned two Corbin's & they are fantastic... This year, my Sturgis trip took me 3,000 miles in a week and a half on a Corbin gunfighter seat... never felt my ****... just enjoyed the view. Good luck!

Old 09-02-2007 | 08:16 PM
NY Deuce
Road Master

I would stay away from seats with a gel insert. I've heard they are very comfortable at first but they can get very hot sitting in the sun. I've also heard the gel can eventually become some what harder thus defeating the purpose of buying the soft gel seat for comfort. This is all based on what I've heard though, I have no first hand experience with a gel seat to speak of.

That said, I do have first hand experience with Mustang seats. I've had them on two different bikes I've owned. They were very comfortable and I would buy another Mustang seat if I needed one in the future.

Old 09-03-2007 | 07:00 AM
FREEFALL
Road Master

Anyone have a 2 piece Mustang seat? I currently have an 07 Night Train and the o' lady hates the stock seat. Go figure. Any way, I've always wanted a solo so I have been looking at the two piece set up. The wife would be happy and I get the solo I was wanting. Any comments?

S/F

Quick Reply: Corbin vs Mustang vs LePera Seats