Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 fat bob or low rider ST

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2024 | 08:28 PM
Harl36
|
Intermediate
Default 2022 fat bob or low rider ST

Hey guys curious which bike you think is better the a 2022 fat Bob or low rider st and why you think the one is better then the other. I have a fat bob but could get a good deal on the low rider st so just curious.

Old 04-16-2024 | 09:26 PM
cobra23
Road Captain

Recommend you test ride the low rider st. For me, the low rider's ergonomics were horrible although there was plenty of power..

The following users liked this post:
tngarren (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024 | 02:44 AM
idiomatically
Intermediate

I’m pretty short and I found the riding position of the Low Rider ST terrible, the mid controls on it made me feel like my knees were up around my ears. The Fat Bobs mid-fwd controls are perfect for me. I have no idea how tall guys ride the Low Rider, I would take one on a decent long test ride if I were you.

Old 04-17-2024 | 05:38 AM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army

H-D outsourced the Low Rider riding position design to a yoga instructor.

Old 04-17-2024 | 07:13 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: NavyVeteran: National Guard
Community Team

Originally Posted by idiomatically
I’m pretty short and I found the riding position of the Low Rider ST terrible, the mid controls on it made me feel like my knees were up around my ears. The Fat Bobs mid-fwd controls are perfect for me. I have no idea how tall guys ride the Low Rider, I would take one on a decent long test ride if I were you.
I'm not sure they aren't the exact same foot controls. Just with the seats and handlebars you're positioned differently over them. It's fine for short rides and hooliganism, but it sure doesn't feel like it'd be nice for long rides, to me.
I'm contemplating the mid controls for my Heritage, myself. There's a thread on doing just this somewhere in this forum. Because while the crouched position of the ST was cramped and knees high to me, the stretched out position of the Heritage is too stretched out for me.

Old 04-17-2024 | 09:45 AM
Harl36
|
Intermediate

Thanks I did feel super cramped on it I’m 5’10 and felt hunched over reaching for them handlebars obviously would have to raise them. The fat bob just felt naturally more comfortable. Wish it had a little fairing and 5 gallon tank though. Might just put a stage 2 in that make it a beast.

Old 04-17-2024 | 10:34 PM
Junkyard Dog
Advanced

I’m 6’ and the ST amongst all the other Harleys I have owned over the many years needed ergonomic adjustments until the bikes fit me. This is a good thing for me because I can’t leave well enough alone and it’s how I have fun. We are all physically different so it’s hard to find one size fits all. Try them all out and test ride but it’s hard to really make that decision on one short test ride. I need time in the saddle to understand when I want to make a change and then I make incremental changes until I have it where I want it. Good luck!

Last edited by Junkyard Dog; 04-17-2024 at 10:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Junkyard Dog:
Dogs57 (05-14-2024), Harl36 (04-18-2024)
Old 05-12-2024 | 03:24 AM
propofol
6th Gear

Test ride both. I did at my local HD shop, and I went there with an appointment to try a LRS. I did try it, then I tried the FXFBS, and I bought an FXFBS shorty after. The FXLRS felt like I borrowed my son's motorbike with my knees touching my wrists. More powerful though, more "Harley" looking, very classy but the position was terrible for me. Just miss a nice fairing for my Bob and don't want to put 8" riser to fit the Advanblack ST fairing set.

Harl36 (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024 | 05:55 AM
Harl36
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by propofol
Test ride both. I did at my local HD shop, and I went there with an appointment to try a LRS. I did try it, then I tried the FXFBS, and I bought an FXFBS shorty after. The FXLRS felt like I borrowed my son's motorbike with my knees touching my wrists. More powerful though, more "Harley" looking, very classy but the position was terrible for me. Just miss a nice fairing for my Bob and don't want to put 8" riser to fit the Advanblack ST fairing set.

https://www.advanblack.com/advanblac...AAEgKfMvD_BwE#

you put the ST fairing on your fat bob? I’m curious what that looks like because don’t you have to change the headlight and everything? Probably pricey. The fat Bob is so comfortable I agree 100% what you said about the cramped feeling on the ST. I just hate the road warrior fairing on my fat bob it feels and looks cheap. Do you have a picture of your fat bob with the advanblack fairing? Really didn’t know that could go on the fat bob

Old 05-12-2024 | 07:25 AM
propofol
6th Gear

No, I love the design but I don't want to put risers on the bike ... so it's not possible to fit the Advanblack fairing. You will need 8 to 10" risers in order to.
you have several videos online over a basic search with videos of a FXFBS with their fairing and even a video of the mounting plate used (their patent)
i am now on the hunt of a Sharknado fairing for my BOB.

Harl36 (05-13-2024)

Quick Reply: 2022 fat bob or low rider ST