Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes and seat combos_2005 Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024 | 10:22 PM
HooksNashville
|
Intermediate
Default Apes and seat combos_2005 Deluxe

I like the look of the LaPerra low looking seat with diamond stitching. I assume the seat height will change from stock and idk how that effects the choice of bar height.

I like the single seat look but want the flexibility for two-up. Anyone running a suction cup seat for a passenger ?

Could always reattach the factory rear seat with the aftermarket riders seat I guess assuming it mounts separately from the front.

Also think I have settled on 16” apes (rode with 16 +2” risers on last bike).

Anyone doing apes on factory risers? I’m short so the pull back is good for me, this look however seems to be something people avoid.

Are the factory risers 1” in the clamp?
Love to see others setup and what has worked for them?

Love to see others setup and what has worked for them…

Old 03-04-2024 | 01:04 AM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior

You need to learn how to use the "search" function. There are tons of threads on both the topics you're asking about.

Old 03-04-2024 | 08:05 AM
lloyd123
Tourer

I use the Bare bones. When going 2up, I have the rear pad to attach to the bare bones. The rear pad isnt much but they dont bitch too much cause they know they wont get to go again. I use Carlini gangsters 14inch on 2 inch tall short pullback risers that were from an FXR.
On a 2013 Deluxe.

The following users liked this post:
HooksNashville (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024 | 02:10 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

I had 16” apes on my 2006 Deluxe and I ran the stock seat but it was shaved down to move me back and down. I hated the way the stock seat pushed me forward but wanted to retain the stock look. The apes are Chubby Wild 1.

Old 03-04-2024 | 10:09 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

Not a Deluxe, but Reaper is a 2005 Softail. I run 16" Wild One Chubbys on HD 1.5" risers from a Wide Glide. I'm 5'8" and with the Mustang ExtraWide Regal Duke seat, it puts me in the perfect, comfortable, riding position for me.

Cheers!

HooksNashville (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024 | 06:32 AM
HooksNashville
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stratplexi
I had 16” apes on my 2006 Deluxe and I ran the stock seat but it was shaved down to move me back and down. I hated the way the stock seat pushed me forward but wanted to retain the stock look. The apes are Chubby Wild 1.

that’s awesome. Did you shave it yourself? What does that involve? I feel the same way like I’m riding up on the back of the seat cause it’s pushing me too far forward. Also on the seat sides, it keeps my legs kicked up a bit when stopped. Shaving in these areas could help. I guess it has to be minimal or the leather won’t fit back over properly

Old 03-05-2024 | 08:53 AM
Zedbra
Road Warrior

I'm having the winter blues here, so just thinking of riding again. Here's my Shovelhead Softail, in a custom Tripolli frame. I used a HD solo spring seat for a 2018 Dyna, made my own seat pan, and made it detachable to this frame. I can oull it off and put on a dual seat, but I don't even have rear foot pegs, this bike is for my *** only. Bars are using a 1" HD riser with 13" HD bars - all from a modern Dyna. I'm 5'10" and this frame/seat puts me low - so this is a perfect height for comfortable riding for me.

The following 2 users liked this post by Zedbra:
HooksNashville (03-05-2024), Maltesefalcon (03-07-2024)
Old 03-05-2024 | 02:41 PM
HooksNashville
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Zedbra
I'm having the winter blues here, so just thinking of riding again. Here's my Shovelhead Softail, in a custom Tripolli frame. I used a HD solo spring seat for a 2018 Dyna, made my own seat pan, and made it detachable to this frame. I can oull it off and put on a dual seat, but I don't even have rear foot pegs, this bike is for my *** only. Bars are using a 1" HD riser with 13" HD bars - all from a modern Dyna. I'm 5'10" and this frame/seat puts me low - so this is a perfect height for comfortable riding for me.

Man that blue pops! and the springer seat is killer.

Zedbra (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024 | 03:03 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Zedbra

I love that your kicker pedal literally says "KICK"!! That whole bike ROCKS!!

Cheers!

Zedbra (03-05-2024)
Old 03-07-2024 | 06:56 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by HooksNashville
that’s awesome. Did you shave it yourself? What does that involve? I feel the same way like I’m riding up on the back of the seat cause it’s pushing me too far forward. Also on the seat sides, it keeps my legs kicked up a bit when stopped. Shaving in these areas could help. I guess it has to be minimal or the leather won’t fit back over properly
Mean City Cycles did the seat change. They have done a bunch of seat mods for forum members. I had them shave it to lower me and move me to the rear as much as they could with retaining the stock seat cover and look. It came out awesome and probably moved the rider 1.5” or so in each direction.

04FXDI (03-07-2024)

Quick Reply: Apes and seat combos_2005 Deluxe