Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installing Chubby 504 bars??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:13 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default installing Chubby 504 bars??

Anyone have any inputs installing Wild 1 Chubby 504 bars on 07' Deluxe? From my research, should be able to use existing hardware and cables.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: installing Chubby 504 bars??

I have them on my fatboy and all the cables worked just fine, but I changed mine out to braided stainless steel. If you ever plan on changein the cables out just go ahead and do it now, will make it much easier to do it all at once. They will fit just fine with all your stock stuff.

Chris

Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM
ronyd
Road Master

Chris, did you install yourself? how long did job take? Not that it matters, since I'll do this over the winter...

Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting ready to use the same barswith the 3" fat straight risers... Let us know how it comes out ...Pic's

Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I have them on my bike 05 FLSTFI, no problems with the stock cables or wiring it all fit.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

I had them on my Fatboytoo, really liked them alot. I was able to use the stock cables and lines but did have to rebend the brake line a bit to make it work. Did the internal wiring and chrome controls all at the same time, really dressed it up. Over stock length risers AND the 504's together might be a problem.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:58 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: ronyd

Chris, did you install yourself? how long did job take? Not that it matters, since I'll do this over the winter...
Yes I did the install myself and its not very hard at all if you know how to solder and have basic mechanical ability. You know I really dont remember how long it too but I would say no more than 3 hours. I did the cables, bars and internal wiring. I cut and spliced my wires behind the fork tins so I didnt remove the tank and take the wires out of the connector. Just remember if you do it this way, get some shrink wraptubing and have a soldering iron thier, that will make the best connection. I did have to extend wires on one side if I remember correctly. As stated above youll need to bend the brake line if you keep the stock one. If you keep the stock cables, controls, and just wire the bars internally Id say no more than 2 hrs.

Chris

Old 11-30-2007, 07:02 AM
ronyd
Road Master

FYI, Chooperdude gave me a great tip on the switch assembly cables. I removed the plastic conduit casing, and replaced with shrink wrap. Much tighter and was a breeze pulling though bars. Also recommended looking at HD part# 70017-06 ($.8.95/3 ft.)black mesh conduit to use over the wire harnesses coming out of from the bars to the frame. Pretty sweet....

Old 12-05-2007, 11:12 AM
ronyd
Road Master

Looks like the brake cable is a little short. Changed all my cables and lines to Magnum Chromite anyways. So , I'll order the brake line 1-2 inches longer. Pretty sweet the Magnum's are though...

Old 12-05-2007, 08:09 PM
ronyd
Road Master

Dam, just got some electrical parts (ie., relay and connector) for my Heat Demons circuit I'm putting together. Got them today, and was looking through catalog, and won;t you know it, they have what they call TechFlex Flexo Chrome, 25ft. froom $12 - $15 bucks (http://www.partsexpress.com). I spend $9 for 3ft of the HD black conduit I mentioned above. Check it out. I'll probably take back to HD and get the Chrome which will look nicer from the center of bars to the frame. Will match nicely with the Magnum Chromite cables.

Quick Reply: installing Chubby 504 bars??