Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just installed V & H fuelpak--- WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:24 PM
tbroenick97
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed V & H fuelpak--- WOW!

Just installed it and wow I can not believe how much better my bike runs....

I know all recommend PC3 but didnt want to drop the big bills and Im perfectly happy I didnt. This thing is great! Very easy to install as well, all in less than 30 mins

Thought Id share.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: just installed V & H fuelpak--- WOW!

Thanks for the info. It's alway nice to hear of a sucessful mod.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 AM
whitebread_30
Road Captain

Do you run V&H pipes? I am leaning twards the fuelpak also. I have SE pipes and a Stage 1 SE air cleaner kit. I am concerned about being able to dail it in right. I am stationed in Japan and they wont help you for **** overhere when it comes to altering your bike.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:56 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

can you give a little discription on what has to be done to install the fuel pack where do you put it? and what else do you have to do to get things right

Old 08-28-2007, 07:23 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea, are you done with your stage 1 now? Inquiring like others; what pipes, what a/c?

I think the FuelPak does a pretty good job. Could it be better? Sure, but unless you have a dyno in your backyard and even more money for something like a ThunderMax, I think it performs great for the price-point.

Cheers.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:33 AM
crock921
Road Captain

they say fuel pak is best on bikes with VH pipes. if you have SE parts, it is not as simple (from what I hear).

Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

RE: V&H Fuel Pack- A friend of mine has a 07 Road King, he put on a SE with Vance and Hines slip on mufflers- says it works great and he reports 50 mpg. I have a 07 Fatboy- have SE AC and V&H BSS with SERT. Bike runs so-so and I get about 80-85 miles on a 1/2 tank of fuel. Had dyno at 1K service were the above resulting fuel mpg is noted, prior to dyno tune with SERT and mods I got about 115 miles at 1/2 tank of fuel . Long story short if the FuelPack works for you great, maybe check your plugs see how they are looking.
I have popping on decel like no tomorrow, pops between 4th -5th shifts, not too happy with over all performance and not wanting to be held hostage to dyno tunes at $ 75 per 1/2 hour, I deccided on the Tmax with auto tune. I got a good price from http://www.catseyecustoms.com/ so now waiting for Tmax and happy to not have to have a SERT in the bike. BTW I checked my dyno tune sheet and the map they worked off to dyno says: Rinehart shorty/SEAC and I have VH BSS pipes.... like they are the same? Go figure. Had it with the stealer that says " we gotta ya covered.... " to that I say don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:58 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I JUST INSTALLED V & H BIGSHOTS LONG , A NESS BIG SUCKER AIR KIT AND THE FUELPAK AND THE COMBO IS AWESOME. I HAD TO MAKE 1 SMALL ADJUSTMENT TO THE FUELPAK AND THAT WAS IT. VERY EASY TO INSTALL AND EVEN EASIER TO PROGRAM.
I WAS TOLD THAT IF YOU PLAN ON DOING MORE ENGINE WORK THAN JUST PIPES AND AN AIR KIT YOU SHOULD NOT GET THE FUELPAK BECAUSE IT IS LIMITED TO HOW MUCH ADJUSTMENT THAT CAN BE MADE. THIS INFO CAME FROM THE GUY AT V & H.
I WAS HAPPY NOT TO HAVE TO HOOK SOMETHING UP TO MY COMPUTER AND DOWNLOAD SOMETHING INTO IT. THAT IS WHY I DIDN'T GET THE PCIII.
GOOD LUCK
DAVE

Old 08-28-2007, 02:09 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I have put a couple of Fuelpaks of my friends bikes. One is exactly the same as my bike 05 Annv Fatboy with the 95ci engine and V & H BSS. His bike runs just as well as mine with the SERT and a lot more $ into it for the SERT and dyno time.

We have had good results with the Fuelpak as long as the mods are V & H pipes and a AC and nothing more. I think if you are getting into cams and heads ect you need more adjustability like a PC III or a SERT.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:27 PM
tbroenick97
Tourer

-- ya i agree, not fur use with anything more than stage 1 and pipes...

-- I have K & N air filter, stage 1, V& H Pro Pipes HS, & Fuelpak...

As far as installation.. I insist that even the most incapable wrench could do this relatively fast.
1- unscrew ECM (4 allen bolts)
2- unplug ECM
3- unscrew 2 remaining bolts holding ECM tray & remove plug holding top of same tray
4- replace old tray w/ V& H supplied tray
5- screw the fuelpak onto the spider bracket (supplied by V& H & has 4 screws)
6- screw ECM, spider bracket, & fuelpack assembly into new ECM tray & plug ECM - fuelpak & fuelpak to bike plug
7- program fuelpak per V&H guide (this is very easy and the guide tells you exactly what to do - its as easy as setting an alarm clock)
8- ride !!!!!!!!!11

Quick Reply: just installed V & H fuelpak--- WOW!