Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Purple Haze....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007 | 03:50 PM
PoorBoy
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Hey Purple Haze....

I hated derailing starbiker's thread......

Here's a link to HD-Rental, which Rossmeyer's place is part of that rental community: http://www.hd-rental.com/

The rest of Rossmeyer's website is here: http://www.brucerossmeyer.com/default.aspx

They have aphone number you can call and speak directly about all of your options for a rental. I'll poke around for a decent hotel, maybe up in Palm Coast which is about 20 minutes north of Ormond and near my house. I can pick you up at the airport (early evening) after work if you get in duing the week, or anytime, if you land the preceeding weekend. Pick Orlando, Jacksonville, or Daytona Beach airports, whatever your best deal is for your flights. If that doesn't matter, pick Daytona (the closest). Most all Daytona Beach flights connect from Atlanta, so that may be too much flying.

Anyone else coming with ya?

A marine eh? I know well have fun now. I'm former-Navy.

Yea Iron horse is still there, but there are many other "off the beaten path" places I'll show you that won't be full-up with tourists.

Send me an email and we can chat further and swap phone numbers.

Semper Fi my brother.

Old 08-29-2007 | 02:32 PM
PoorBoy
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Hey Purple Haze....

I got your PM, but my reply got refused since you don't have PM enabled on your account.

If you can send me an email so I have an address I'll send you some phone numbers.

Looks like we could rally a few softail members for a get together. I am planning a ride or two for folks that may be interested.

Old 08-29-2007 | 10:49 PM
purple haze
Road Master

Sounds good Poor Boy! I need to get out for a while the wife goes to Cancun and Las Vegas for her company meetings and B.S. so I'm due for kicking up my heels a little! Hell I'll buy first round even if you are a Squid LOL,It would be great if you could pick me up from airport, I would hate to rent a car and then sled, maybe on a saturday if you do not have to work, but all the Navy guys I new where allways a little on slow side!LOL, Hope you do not make fun of my U.S.M.C. Tatto, well late and get up with the chickens, LATER AND TAKE CARE PURPLE HAZE. TOM.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/B9C0183239C24524A174437E9A8FD2EC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/1776236B5EDC4B38A7E731944DB3EE53.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/0E4140917E17412E87C8095E3E6CAB57.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-31-2007 | 08:15 PM
purple haze
Road Master

pictures

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/5E05CE340CB849D1B110039BE988D7FB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/027AC3F56FDF49D88AF4400E1A20DA27.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-01-2007 | 01:33 PM
PoorBoy
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Awesome pics of the bike! Man what a looker.

I'll be glad to pick you up on any Saturday on/near Biketoberfest from the airport. Hoping you are connecting into Daytona. I'll get you to your hotel to drop off your luggage, and then over to pick up the rental ride. Of course we'll reverse all of that on your way back home.

Looking forward to this if you can work it out!

Back in the day, squids and jarheads would always look out for each other unless we were the only two groups around and stuck on base somewhere. Hee hee. Out on liberty, I was always glad to have some marines nearby, if not drinking beside me.

Your ink is fitting. I know there is no such thing as an ex-marine. Just former ones.

Old 09-01-2007 | 09:26 PM
purple haze
Road Master

My wife said O.K. but could you tell me when it starts and ends?! Also do I need to reserve rental bike? I would like a Fat Boy if its doable! Have to be a softail of some sort, and I'm ready! My birthday is October 6th. So make a long list of party favors, so if you can send me arrive dates and depart dates that jives with your schedule so you can tote me back to airport and I'll pay for your gas, my last duty station was Yuma Arizona and the main club in Yuma one nightit was Sailors, Marines, Army, and Air Force, all in this one club, Poor Boy we tore that place a part! Marines & Sailors ganged up on the Army &Air Force, we kicked some ***! But Ihad such a blackeye it all most closed on me andI was a sucker punched, then a Coors bottle was broke over my head, and it did not hurt like my eye did, but we got ER DONE! And before 4 groups of M.P.'s & S.P's and Army, and Air Force, plus Yuma police got there, us Jarheads where on bikes, I had C.B.750 and I hauled *** before everyone else got busted, man we where nuts, Yuma Arizona is a proving ground for Army & Air Force, and I was a Plane Captain on F-4 Phantom's, the U.S.M.C. has a great air base there and I was in Fighter squadron V.M.A. 223, the Navy was allways coming in to practice Air Craft Carrier landings, Air Force used our runways for touch and goes for S.A.C. B-52's and Army tested top secret chit out in desert and Miramer was not to far away and 29 Palms, (chithole), but enough of me running my mouth about service but who out ranks who? I was a E-5 after 6 yrs., and the wife thinks it would be good if I fly in on a Friday and come back Tuesday or Wednesday, will that work for you? Can you try to reserve me a Fat Boy? If you have to put money down I'll do it over phone when for sure plans are made! LATER GATOR, PURPLE HAZE. TOM.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/E9DF6CB3B78244278F7A4A2B1FF1833C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/F944EB58F2614060A7B432E6B7B25E34.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/09FC52DAE8AD485CB55C24E465212283.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-02-2007 | 06:46 AM
PoorBoy
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Biketoberfest starts Thursday October 18th, ends Sunday October 21st. I can pick you up and drop you off anytime during any of those days because I'll be off from work. Normally I work Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. Can you come in on Wednesday late afternoon (10-17-07) and leave Sunday (10-21-07)? Fly into Daytona Beach International Airport for the least amount of cage driving.

You WILL HAVE TO reserve a rental motorcycle and place a depositwith your credit card. They go quick so I wouldn't delay making plans. Don't know which models are available for rentals.

As far as rank, I made E6 (Petty Officer First Class) in 5 years, originally signed-up for 6 years, but was involuntarily extended (for the convenience of the government) for another year. I was a spook, doing electronic surveillance on a number of platforms around the world. Deployments were never scheduled or on a timetablefor return.

I hope we can meet up, we'll have fun.

-paul

Old 09-02-2007 | 07:05 AM
scottylj
Cruiser

PoorBoy/Purple Haze

Don't wear yourself out - I'm planning to come over from Sydney Australia next year so I hope you don't get sick of it. Have a great time you crazy guys.

Regards,

Old 09-02-2007 | 07:24 AM
PoorBoy
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey scottylj,

How cool! Looking forward to your plans for next year. We'll figure out a way to meet.

I never get bored with any of the Daytona events. I immerse myself with both Bikeweek and Biketoberfest events each year. This will be my 6th year of attendance. It never gets old.

Now, if I can figure out a way for a Sturgis appearence, I'd be all set. It comes at a bad time of year for me to get off.

Cheers mate!