Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corbin Seats

I ordered a New Corbin Hollywood Solo Seat, I've used this seat ( or similar ) on almost every bike I've owned since the late 1960's and I find it very comfortable for me.. All day 400/600 miles no problem.. This time I ordered from the Flordia warehouse, ( I'm in Va. ) I had already sent the stock seat out to be reshaped, Get the new Corbin Yesterday... No Key, and missing one of the rubber bumpers, and no rear mounting braket.... I called and talked to a gentleman and it only made things worse... almost 450.00 and they dont have another one, 4 to 7 weeks.. Wouldnt even overnight me the hardwareso I could use this seat, unless I pay them 40.00 for overnight.. This was my Last Corbin after 19 bikes and 38 years. I payed the 40.00 for the hardware to get here..... The box had been opened, you'd think they would have checked to make sure everything was there before it was shipped... OkI'm done..Trotter

Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Corbin Seats

That sucks.
People just don't appreciate their customers any more.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:54 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I had issues with corbin with a seat that they were making just for the deluxe this guy therin seems to be there gofer for problems but he is part of the problem. They lie through there teeth time after time. I bought mine from a third party good thing i did corbin has a no refund policy they will fix it ha ha. i disputed it with my credit card company and did get my money back. there customer service sucks and there seats are just OK in my opinion

Old 08-23-2007, 02:09 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member

I was considering a Corbin because I've heard so much good about the seats and I'd really like a back rest, but I've also heard their customer service is non existant and lead time can be long..It would be just my luck that I'd have some issue and it turn into a big hassle..

There is a softie in parking lot with an "Ultimate" seat....it looks very nice...kinda pricey

Old 08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 518 Likes on 361 Posts

I'm lucky enough to live 45 mi from their Hollister facility. You have to have it cust made to be worth anything. I had extra padding put in. That hard as a rock stuff is BS. Other than that, I still like Corbins, prob more for looks. I think they're over rated AND overpriced. I'd like to try the Mustang. I'd bet $ it's better for all day. What's another $600 right?

Old 08-23-2007, 05:22 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,446 Likes on 2,596 Posts

I've had no problems with cs at corbin. Actually thought they went out of their way to help me. Like their seat a lot after they reshaped it. To each their own on seat brands. Tried a wide regal Mustang and it hurt after 150 miles or so. Corbin took reshaping and breakin time to get right but 300+ mile days and my azz don't hurt.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Trotter
Banned

I tryed the Mustang Solo also and didnt like how it raised me up and pushed me forward.. The firm seat to me is what makes it comfortable. Cushey Soft seats make it to hard for me to shift around if needed. The Corbin is kindalike a horse sadel there firm and and made for all day..Maybe it also has to do with rideing hard tails for 25 years LOL ... anything might be comfortable..

Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 PM
PsTaN
Road Master

Trotter ...

Hate to hear that. There seems to be way too many posts like that for it to just be coincedence. I have a Corbin, but dont think I'd order another based on the experiences I've seen folks post on.

PsTaN

Old 08-24-2007, 12:15 AM
07_103_NT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really blows re: Corbin seat experience .I hope I have better luck .I ordered my seat from Bar Enterprises.Im hopeing it will all go smooth.As I live in Canada and the shipping would kill me as far as time and cash. Time will tell.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Trotter
Banned

They sent me the parts today and a bottle of saddle cream. Also a note saying how sorry they were.. now I have to rivet the rubber bumper on... LMAO

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats