Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Met an Angel today

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007 | 12:22 PM
Waltman
|
Tourer
Default Met an Angel today

It all started on my usual daily route to work, same road, same freeway, more or less same time of day; however, by some reason traffic was “slow”. Checking the rear mirror before merging indicated that cars were really far away to make out any differences, you could tell some bike was there but could not tell exactly what kind. Mind you all this happened in mere seconds, while moving at 70 mph or so. Anyway, traffic ahead started piling up really fast, so I decided to cross over the double yellow[/b] into the car pool lane, and split lanes for the next 4 miles, or so as I usually do, before merging into another freeway. No cars or bikes were close enough to unsafely do so, however illegal. As I kept on riding splitting lanes, couple of miles down the road a black & white bike was behind me and turned his lights on and pulled me over. I asked him, “Was I going to fast? The LEO said, “No, I stopped you for crossing over the double yellow lines back there”, I replied I was sorry and that was a mistake on my part and “promised never do it again”. He asked me for my registration and DL, so I did, asked me where I was going, work I said, he glances at my Fat Boy, checks my papers, then he asked me, “should I give you a ticket or should I let you go?”, I reiterated my early promise, he smiles and he says, while handing me over my papers, “Right, next time probably I won’t see you do it. Just go and ride carefully”. I was quite static and frankly relieved, thanked him for his understanding, and asked him his name, “Angel”,[/i] he replied, and then he took off. By the way this “Angel” rides a Harley. He made my day, now I make sure I can really tell what’s behind me and take nothing for granted, I don’t want this angel turn into a devil next time, lol.

Old 08-22-2007 | 12:25 PM
anubisss
Banned
Default RE: Met an Angel today

Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings...

Old 08-22-2007 | 12:42 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Whew.....For a minute there I thought I was going to read about some sort of mishap.

Very nice of "Angel" to cut you a break!

An LEO friend of mine takes me along on their Blue Knight rides. I haven't been out with them since thepurchase of my FB, but most of them all have personal Harleys aside from their police issued ones so I look forward to their feedback when I see them again.

I always give my two fingers out and down wave to all LEO guys, even if they are in cages. I think they all understand that most bikers are much better "drivers" than everyone else out there; at least we don't have the cell phones going and all the other"stuff" you see people do in cages.

Be safe....

Old 08-22-2007 | 01:01 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

I thought I was going to read about an out-of-body experience. I'm happy I didn't. Glad to hear things worked out in your favor.

Old 08-22-2007 | 02:22 PM
chops
Tourer

I thought I was going to read that you met a beautiful, bikini clad babe that offered you no-strings sex, detailed your bike for you and then cooked dinner.