Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats wrong with owning 2 bikes ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:09 PM
momoharley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats wrong with owning 2 bikes ?

It's all about having a master plan:

1) bought a Suzuki cruiser as a starter bike.My honeywas seeing how much fun I was having and she decides that maybe she should get into the action as well. Suppported her getting her licensece and decked her out with riding gear before the course so she could not change her mind. (Phase 1 of master plan)

2)My honeygets her licence and starts riding the bike and has fun. I say to her that we would have much more fun if we got a second bike so we can ride together.My honeyOK's second bike. (Phase 2 as planned)

3) Always wanted an Harley, so start sweet talking myhoney into one - better resale value, difference experience, etc.Honey OK's Harley purchased. Bought a softail deluxe on the basis that it would be a bike that she can ride and we can swap bikes while riding. But my wife was scared of the bike (too much HP and weight over Suzuki) so didn't want to ride bike. (Phase 3 and 4 as planned)

4) Blew my knee out few months back (sports related - not bike). Had to convince my wife to take out Deluxe to get fluids moving around as I was not able to ride at this time. Took a lot of arm twisting, but got her on the bike. She took a lap around the block with one of my bike buddies. She came back and loved the bike. She and my buddy then went for a one hour ride around town. She came back and loved the experience and didn't want to ride the Suzuki any longer. (Blowing out knee not planned but got me to Phase 5 faster)

5) Knee got better, so me and my honey start riding again - but this time me on the Suzuki. My honey starts feeling guilty that she took the Harley so se tells me one day - "go get another Harley". BOO YAAAAAA !!!!! (Phase 5 ahead of plan)

6)Bye Bye Suzuki - Hello Harley !!! Now to Phase 6 - convincing her to OK purchase of Screaming Eagle bagger.

I love it when a plan comes together. Also, helps to have an understanding and loving wife.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:12 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds to me like youa re beginning to suffer from Motorcycle Acuisition Disorder. It's a good disease.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:15 PM
RoadKingHellas
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and another thing to considerwill behow to allocate/split the budget into two for the extras and maintainance ofcourse...

If you dont buy a second bike -You canfocus on theone you already haveand make it perfect-with all the extra goodies
OR you having two bikes where it will take you longerto modify thingsbecause you spend all your money for buying the second bike .

Old 08-21-2007, 01:25 PM
MarAgt
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

Easiest way to convince her to have two bikes in the garage is to tell her one of them will be her's. Then she can take the MSF class and ride next to you instead of behind you. And it still gives you two bikes to customize. I traded my Deuce for a Softail Custom last week and I picked up a 1200 Low for my wife a few months ago. I would like to say that I get to customize two bikes, but she's makin' her bike her own just as it should be.
Bingo... I had the '03 Sporster and then I bought the '05 Fatboy. She said "So when is the Sportster going up for sale?" I told her, I think we should keep isand she should take the MSF course. She agreed and takes her Basic Rider MSF Course in September. Now we have a small HOG farm.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:29 PM
MarAgt
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: RoadKingHellas

and another thing to considerwill behow to allocate/split the budget into two for the extras and maintainance ofcourse...

If you dont buy a second bike -You canfocus on theone you already haveand make it perfect-with all the extra goodies
OR you having two bikes where it will take you longerto modify thingsbecause you spend all your money for buying the second bike .
Here's the flaw in your logic...Two Harleys are always better than one....

Old 08-21-2007, 01:30 PM
MarAgt
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: momoharley

It's all about having a master plan:

1) bought a Suzuki cruiser as a starter bike.My honeywas seeing how much fun I was having and she decides that maybe she should get into the action as well. Suppported her getting her licensece and decked her out with riding gear before the course so she could not change her mind. (Phase 1 of master plan)

2)My honeygets her licence and starts riding the bike and has fun. I say to her that we would have much more fun if we got a second bike so we can ride together.My honeyOK's second bike. (Phase 2 as planned)

3) Always wanted an Harley, so start sweet talking myhoney into one - better resale value, difference experience, etc.Honey OK's Harley purchased. Bought a softail deluxe on the basis that it would be a bike that she can ride and we can swap bikes while riding. But my wife was scared of the bike (too much HP and weight over Suzuki) so didn't want to ride bike. (Phase 3 and 4 as planned)

4) Blew my knee out few months back (sports related - not bike). Had to convince my wife to take out Deluxe to get fluids moving around as I was not able to ride at this time. Took a lot of arm twisting, but got her on the bike. She took a lap around the block with one of my bike buddies. She came back and loved the bike. She and my buddy then went for a one hour ride around town. She came back and loved the experience and didn't want to ride the Suzuki any longer. (Blowing out knee not planned but got me to Phase 5 faster)

5) Knee got better, so me and my honey start riding again - but this time me on the Suzuki. My honey starts feeling guilty that she took the Harley so se tells me one day - "go get another Harley". BOO YAAAAAA !!!!! (Phase 5 ahead of plan)

6)Bye Bye Suzuki - Hello Harley !!! Now to Phase 6 - convincing her to OK purchase of Screaming Eagle bagger.

I love it when a plan comes together. Also, helps to have an understanding and loving wife.
That's an awesome plan (all except the knee part)...[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=biker2.gif]

Old 08-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Archer1968
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to comment on momoharley's Master Plan,,,[sm=hail.gif],,,,"BRILLIANT"... reminds me of that commercial for Guinness.

I started to do that but the plan isn't working so well yet...... perchased an 05 Suzie, S83, as a starter, then moved on to a 07 fxst, just forgot to get the wifie involved on step 2[sm=bustedsign.gif]. Now she wants me to get rid of the Suzie S83,[sm=bicker.gif] "Damn!".............soga continues.....lol

Old 08-21-2007, 02:16 PM
zoomie67
Tourer

Nothing at all wrong with having 2 bikes. My plan sorta fell through though. Momma took the MSF class and dumped it at the beginning of the second day (she liked going straight, she did not like turning). She has pretty much given up on riding her own bike, She still likes riding though (whew!!!). So now I'm looking for an 00-04 Road Glide for touring as the Fatboy ain't gonna cut it for long distance.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:24 PM
panamoncreel
Tourer

The only thing I see wrong with it is that you would get to have two and I only have one. [&o] heheh

Old 08-21-2007, 02:36 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have two bikes and the wayI made her understand is I told her that one bike is ours so we can both enjoy a nice comfortable ride together. The other is for those times when she dont want to ride and I want to go riding solo with my buddies. But with a solo seat on my other scooter she worries less about picking up any strays when out bar hopping.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with owning 2 bikes ?