Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the curse of the wave when riding

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007 | 09:27 PM
nikonf8
|
Supporter
Default the curse of the wave when riding

I was wondering how most riders feel about this hand wave thing when another HD goes by. It seems kind of stupid and when you wave and some Dick who thinks he is to much of a bad *** does not return it you feel like a jerk. I find it kind of stupid waving to strangers just because they have a Harley was the same thing with corvettes. is there any kind of etiquette for this type of thing i guess this will open a can of worms any way lets see what happens

Old 08-20-2007 | 09:29 PM
Jzabel
Tourer
Default RE: the curse of the wave when riding

I wave when another biker rides by...i don'tdiscriminate if they are riding a honda or a crotch rocket...they are on a bike...

Old 08-20-2007 | 09:33 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member

I only wave if waved to. If everybody did this, there would be no waving. I was wave-happy when I started riding again this spring. After almost putting myself in the ditch a couple of times, my hands stay on the bars. I'm more apt to give you a nod or a pinky wave.

Old 08-20-2007 | 09:37 PM
Sillverback
Tourer

Been riding for most of my life now. Better than twenty fiveyears. Bikers aknowledge oneanother...no mater what make bike they're on. It's a brotherhood thing.

Old 08-20-2007 | 09:45 PM
harleydad
Cruiser

I had a "non-riding friend" ask me what the extended arm was all about whenHarley riderspass each other.
I told him it wasour way of knowing who was in on the plan. "The plan?" he asked. I said yea the planwhen us bikers revolt, and take over.
He laugh a little, then ask really?
Keep them wondering.

Old 08-20-2007 | 09:45 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

I wave if it is safe to do so at the time, regardless of what kind of bike it is. I don't always wave, but I also don't think it is rude if someone doesn't wave to me. I guess I feel like if I am waving just to get someone to wave back, then I am waving for the wrong reason.

Old 08-20-2007 | 09:46 PM
Jucifer
Road Master

I wave at every biker I see. If you dont wave back, who cares...I've got way better things to feel like a jerk about than not getting waved at. Just ask my ol lady, she's got a list, lol.

Old 08-20-2007 | 10:36 PM
Bwareofprplhaze
Intermediate

i wave to whoever no big deal if they dont wave back personally its more of a hey i see ya even if most of the @$$holes around you don't kind of thing we're all on the same road out in the same wind right?

Old 08-20-2007 | 10:57 PM
crock921
Road Captain

i like to practice the two finger extended arm. if i need my hands on the bars, i just raise the fingers. seems ot work out well .

Old 08-20-2007 | 11:15 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master

ORIGINAL: harleydad

I had a "non-riding friend" ask me what the extended arm was all about whenHarley riderspass each other.
I told him it wasour way of knowing who was in on the plan. "The plan?" he asked. I said yea the planwhen us bikers revolt, and take over.
He laugh a little, then ask really?
Keep them wondering.
Was that before or after the part, where you said, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you?

Quick Reply: the curse of the wave when riding