Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the curse of the wave when riding

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007 | 11:28 PM
bigthunder
Road Captain
Default RE: the curse of the wave when riding

I wave most of the time except split highways and intersections(then maybe a head nod). If I missed you i'm sorry not trying to be "bad azz biker". When I ride 2-up my wife does all the waving she loves it. I guess it's just our way of.........if I had to explain it you wouldn't understand it.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 08-20-2007 | 11:31 PM
starbiker99
Tourer

I always try to wave as all other bikes pass by. Sometimes there are circumstances where someone is shifting or we're in a corner or what not where it just isn't safe to wave then that's cool. But on an open road where the other rider doesn't acknowledge me (no wave glance or anything) I just say to myself D**K H**D and move on.

Old 08-20-2007 | 11:46 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

I always wave if I can.
Hey it makes me feel good when they waveat me, then they must feel good when I wave at them.
Whats wrong with that?

I also had a Corvette and they wave at each other too.

I think it's just a hey we've got something in commom and it's a High how ya doin' kinda thing.

Old 08-20-2007 | 11:58 PM
DavyDiesel
Cruiser

It's funner to wave to the guys/girls on the little bikes that don't expect it & watch them try to wave back in time.......

Old 08-21-2007 | 12:03 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior

I wave at everyone on 2 wheels ... well ... not the bicyclist. If you got to stick a baseball card in your spokes to make noise then you don't deserve a wave.

Old 08-21-2007 | 12:12 AM
07_103_NT
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: DavyDiesel

It's funner to wave to the guys/girls on the little bikes that don't expect it & watch them try to wave back in time.......
I give the wave to every one .I do the down lo under the bar,^^Im going to give that one a try sounds fun .

Old 08-21-2007 | 12:14 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior

I'm with Jucifer on this... I wave, and if they wave back so be it. If not, no big deal. Same with the 'Vettes... I have an '06 and the wife has an '04, and we wave to all the other 'Vettes on the road regardless. To each their own! Hell, I've even waved at a couple of scooters...

Roger

Old 08-21-2007 | 12:14 AM
Mayfair
Tourer

For me ... it depends

When I'm at a rally like Daytona or something, ifI waved at every bike that I saw I'd never have my hand on the bar so I don't even bother. If I'm on the open road and I only see another scoot ( no matter what kind ), I'll throw my hand out and return the gesture.No biggie

Old 08-21-2007 | 09:00 AM
harleydad
Cruiser

Now that's a good one! shorter too!

Old 08-21-2007 | 09:26 AM
itznin
Road Captain

Same here, I wave to anyone on 2 wheels regardless of what type of bike they have.

I do notice that sportbike riders are hesitant to wave at me, but always wave back when I initiate.

Quick Reply: the curse of the wave when riding