Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Classic 06 Rineharts..what else?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007 | 09:37 AM
MnSoftail
|
Stage II
Default Softail Classic 06 Rineharts..what else?

Okay. . . I'm a new HD owner since last year. . . got all the hulla balloo from the "stealer" as you call them on what I'd need to do to pipe the bike for that "gnarly" sound. . instead of the stock pipe blues. . . boo hoo. . . since the bike is over a year old now..and warranty is gone. . . I bought a pair of Rinehart slip-ons. . after hearing a few bikes with them on. I've been given so much advice on what I need ..my head is spinning. Not to mention my right side stock saddlebag rests on the tip of the Rinehart pipe. . so that is an issue I also posted about and need help on or experience. My bike builder said...put on the pipes. . . check the plugs before.....run the bike a few miles. . pull the plugs and check to see what they look like. He said more than likely I will need a PCIII....but will figure out about the air kit after he looks and examines the plugs. I got the pipes for a great price..but man..they are LOUD! I trust this bike builder as he's got the reputation for quality work as if the bikes were his own...I don't mind paying him to do this all for me....as I'm not a wrencher at all, but hubby seems to be good at it and has done all my customizing. The HD stealers quoted me at least $1200 for race tuner, air kit...labor and dyno to get it perfect...Well. . . you about know how far my jaw dropped..So...1.. does anybody know what to do about the saddle bag? See the post from a few days ago. . . 2. Does everyone recommend a PCIII? Other model??? air kit?? What model??? I'd like to purchase them elsewhere if I can save a few bucks....to pay for labor. I'm an eBayer. Thanks for any advice...

[IMG]local://upfiles/40621/4CA21C9B333F40BABF1E5F0644025538.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-19-2007 | 09:50 AM
07_103_NT
Cruiser
Default RE: Softail Classic 06 Rineharts..what else?

Once you do the air you will need to remap for sure. I would suggest a sert there more money .But once you start on the motor you cant stop .Believe me its adictave. I got my sert ebay 500 bones they were back ordered @ the dealership as they seem to be a hard item to get

Old 08-19-2007 | 09:59 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Softail Classic 06 Rineharts..what else?

I doubt if you need to change the ecu or dyno tune if you leave the intake side alone. I've had no problems by just adding slippons. to darn expensive IMO for the small gain you may get by adding air kit and some kinda download. 07s run cooler I guess with a download but that isn't your problem. as far as the bags, you will need to modify them or replace them. you didn't say how they were mounted but you can probably adjust them somehow.