Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail smoked tail light lens

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Softtail smoked tail light lens

Detonator... May try the Wide Glide Arms there at least 1" narrower and at least dont stick out so far..

Old 08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
azmcdude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never thought of that......just put the Kuryakyn smoke LED tailight on last weekend...and ditched the turnsignals to make room for some easy bracket bag mounts. The light is rather difficult to see during daylight hours I'm told, and the fact that you must turn it upside down may be a reason why??? I set the light to flash 3 times upon braking and that may help.....don't think that the turn signals are all that visible during the day but I do use hand signals/eye contact more than anything else.Would love to use the HD tri-bar but just don't want to ditch signals entirely....as it may not be legal here.....and I don't need any reason to be pulled over....find enough of them already it seems!!! Will post some pics of the light setup with and without the bags if anyone is interested....got the bags through ccsaddlebags and they are easy to setup and look pretty durable.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:49 PM
DaveJ
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Trotter

The problem is the low lay down smoked lens is it's upside down on the bob tail fender, and the leds are at the wrong angle, so there not as bright as they would be if the lens was turned over like on a wrap around fender..
My wife has an 07 Sporty. It uses the same tail light, just upside down like you mentioned. But it doesn't make a difference. The Kuryakyn TL just sucks! [:@][:@][:@]

Anyone want to buy one cheap?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Trotter
Banned

ORIGINAL: DaveJ

The problem is the low lay down smoked lens is it's upside down on the bob tail fender, and the leds are at the wrong angle, so there not as bright as they would be if the lens was turned over like on a wrap around fender..
My wife has an 07 Sporty. It uses the same tail light, just upside down like you mentioned. But it doesn't make a difference. The Kuryakyn TL just sucks! [:@][:@][:@]

Anyone want to buy one cheap?
LOL

Old 08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Bwareofprplhaze
Intermediate

you know if the fact its upside down causes a problem its not that hard to smokeyour ownlense yourself by using the desired shade paint and clear coat in a 50/50 ratio plus or minus for desired transparrency (sp)

Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 PM
detonator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

ORIGINAL: detonator

Im wondering if some one makes the incandecent L.E.D.tail lightwith the amber L.E.D.turn signals incorperated in them! I think it would clean up the fender with no turn signals and just plug old holes H.D. badgeplugs. I found one for my YZF R-1
You can get the Panacea Tail Light that's sold by Custom Dynamics or Kuryakyn. Its not an incandecent and LED setup. Itsan all LED tailight, but it does have the LED turn signal incorporated in it.

Check it out here http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...al_panacea.htm

Ride Safe, [sm=biker2.gif]

Right on thanks Citoriplus thanks for the link. and Trotter I havethe 1" on there now but just want it to look simple & clean some times less is better! I am looking for the tri bar with turn signal in it. I know picky picky!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Trotter
Banned

If you find one let me Know....

Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
detonator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you find one let me Know....

Sure thing!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:05 AM
1badnt
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

Im wondering if some one makes the incandecent L.E.D.tail lightwith the amber L.E.D.turn signals incorperated in them! I think it would clean up the fender with no turn signals and just plug old holes H.D. badgeplugs. I found one for my YZF R-1
You can get the Panacea Tail Light that's sold by Custom Dynamics or Kuryakyn. Its not an incandecent and LED setup. Itsan all LED tailight, but it does have the LED turn signal incorporated in it.

Check it out here http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...al_panacea.htm

Ride Safe, [sm=biker2.gif]

Right on thanks Citoriplus thanks for the link. and Trotter I havethe 1" on there now but just want it to look simple & clean some times less is better! I am looking for the tri bar with turn signal in it. I know picky picky!
and if you find one.....PM me if you want to sell your tri-bar....