Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

phat tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 12:25 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: phat tires

Hey guys, sorry for that oddball rant, hope I didnt come off as an @ss, as they say, "good looks are in the eye of the beholder", or something like that anyway.........

Crazy Canuck: On the Deuce model, I think the widest you can go is a 180, but at least you dont have to cut off your factory struts. Deuce's look real tight with a 180 anyway. They should come stock with that size tire. And a damn 18" rear rim too, not that 17" oddball size that HD loves so much.

Tx_Outlaw: Ya, I got rid of the stock rim,tire and fender. There are a number of companies that make ready to paint bolt on front fenders that are made to specifically fit the 130 tire. I still am debating whether or not to even buy a front fender. The bike looks pretty good without it.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:49 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MegaHDman

Actually I dont mind typing at all, just not a big fan of the wide tire scene. But since I know the softail model bikes inside and out(right down to every bolt and torque value used!) I've ridden to many 250 and larger rear tired choppers, and though to some they look cool, their ride leaves something to be desired. I'm actually dissapointed that HD put a 200 on the back of a few softail models. Though I'm not a fan of the skinny 150's on the earlier models, the 200 goes just a bit too wide and kind of messes the lines of the bike a bit. I went with a 18" front and rear rim combo, put a 180mm on the rear, 130mm on the front(got rid of the skinny 21" front laced rim which looks out of place also on a short raked bike) . The bike looks really tight and balanced, and the rear is wide enough to give the rear end a good beefy "atitude" no BS look while keeping the integrity of the handling in tact. I'm also a bit annoyed that HD is doing the odd sized rim. They just had to do a 17x6" oddball. [:@] H-D really needs to hire me for their R&D dept. I love their bikes, and love most of the models, but there is definetly alot of room for tweak improvements in the looks/parts selection on their base bikes. There, see I typed alot! LOL! [sm=chairshot.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]

I agree! I'll be glad when the fat tire fad is over. Then people will be asking how to fit a thinner tire.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:10 PM
deuce dude
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put on hogpros 200 tire kit for the deuce....it is badass.....