Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out the Door Price

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:24 AM
EXAMMO
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Out the Door Price

I was able to get my '06 FLSTCI at msrp plus free labor on anything I had the dealer install until I took delivery of the bike. I purchased it in February but wasnt going to pick it up until the snow was gone around April. I managed to get free labor on a Big Bore II kit, chrome controls, and an exhaust. I thought I got a pretty good deal.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Yeah, we seem to pay a premium here.

It doesn't seem to matter much if you have cash or pre-arranged financing - in fact it might hurt the negotiations as they can make money on financing (of course). I paid cash for my deal and said so up front.

I found a couple of good links for pricing by doing some Google searches. I think the best information came off this board, as I recall? There was a post that had the breakdown of costs, along with actual representative transactions from three different dealers for comparison. It's great to be an educated consumer... my philosophy is to educate myself as much as possible, let them know I'm an educated consumer and not interested in the typical games, and suggest that they deal with me square and try to make it up on the next sucker they get in the store (as most are NOT educated consumers). It works more often than not, and when it doesn't it usually minimizes the amount of time I have to spend having a sales person try to stroke me.

Roger

Old 08-16-2007, 11:16 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In Sydney, they must have a price fixing agreement in place between the few hd dealers that we have here. None will sell to you below Retail (which is at least 60% more than what you guys pay in the US)... eg: I Paid $29,000AUS plus on road costs for my 2007 fatboy. The best we can hope for is a free set of slip-on's and some flamed grips

ORIGINAL: Moondogger

Hello,

I wanted to get some input on OTD prices for '08 Softail Deluxes. Here in SoCal I've been seeing them at around $21K+. How much room do I have to negotiate on these prices? Has anyone purchased an '08 yet? If I offer $18K will I be laughed out of the dealership?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Alex

Old 08-16-2007, 11:18 AM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: tunaman

Yeah, we seem to pay a premium here.

It doesn't seem to matter much if you have cash or pre-arranged financing - in fact it might hurt the negotiations as they can make money on financing (of course). I paid cash for my deal and said so up front.

I found a couple of good links for pricing by doing some Google searches. I think the best information came off this board, as I recall? There was a post that had the breakdown of costs, along with actual representative transactions from three different dealers for comparison. It's great to be an educated consumer... my philosophy is to educate myself as much as possible, let them know I'm an educated consumer and not interested in the typical games, and suggest that they deal with me square and try to make it up on the next sucker they get in the store (as most are NOT educated consumers). It works more often than not, and when it doesn't it usually minimizes the amount of time I have to spend having a sales person try to stroke me.

Roger
They can and do make more money off financing,it makes it easier to sneak in hidden charges.Not to mention that it will also help them drag out the negotiations until you are just about ready to agree to anything, just to get out of there.Same with trade ins,they love themespecially if you're upside down on it.Another way to stick it you,but thats their job.Try to make as much money off you as possible.Like you said ,our job as consumers is to be as educated as possible on the product.With all that said,they still win most of the time.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:29 AM
crock921
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stupid dealers and their feeble attempts to turn a profit!