Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suggestions on Saddlebags??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:01 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: suggestions on Saddlebags??

Thanks Tom

Old 09-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry... forgot to hit this thread.. posted these in the fatboy pics thread.. What iron max's look like on a fatboy with the bubba's brakes signal location / license plate kit... Sorry.. Not the best pics.. Had somethign funny going on with the camera and was losing daylight.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:02 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Babs, those bags look good on a dark colored Fatty.
Are they the same ones that Sonar Chris has on his in his sig pic?

PS are those Custom handelbars, theylook a little tall forstockers.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks!
Those bags are actually Iron Max bags which are the largest of the Ironbags softail bags... If I remember the lineup correctly:
Iron Max is the largest
then the Freedom Bag,
then the Iron Thunder Bag.
then the Iron Bullet Bag.

I think both Tom's and Chris's bags are Iron Thunder bags, which can be mounted without the rear signal being moved off the strut (on fatboys). Tom found signals by kuryakyn that are small enough to stay on the strut.. nice move.

The handlebars are actually stock Heritage bars from the catalog... comfy enough but for the longest time I've wanted just a wee bit more height... The WO502 wild 1 apes look to be the right upgrade for me, if and when I can scrounge the cash for it because I'd want to do chrome controls and stainless cables etc at the same time. ch-ching$$

Old 09-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Something to be said for no bags at all... Just this morning received an email that these pics were found on my riding bud's PC... YAY! Man I sulked because I didn't have any pics of the old scoot (my 1st love) before swapping back to stock.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Babs
ch-ching$$
Everytime I think about some, excuse me, ANYknid of upgrade for the bike I hear that same sound.
Like a little wakingnightmare that just won't go away.

I know what you mean about the bars and doing them right. I have been looking all over the place for some that fit me a bit better, but fear that once I do I'm really in for it because I also want to replace the stockers.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:05 AM
silvrbill
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

I bought the Iron Thunder for my Softail Custom, couldn't be more pleased with the results. Plenty of space, very sturdy and a great looking bag. Had mine custom colored in the tan shade, looks great with my two tone red bike. Max and Donna were a real pleasure to work with, answered all my e-mails promptly and answered all my questions. Thank you Ironbags!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:19 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Babs
I think both Tom's and Chris's bags are Iron Thunder bags, which can be mounted without the rear signal being moved off the strut (on fatboys). Tom found signals by kuryakyn that are small enough to stay on the strut.. nice move.
You are right Babs, both Tom and I have the Iron Thunder bags. I believe these are the largest bags you can get for a softail with the turn signals on the fender struts with out re locating them. For you guys with Deluxe or Herritages and so on with the turn signals on the bar below the brake like on the fender you can get any size you want and not have to worry about it. I believe Tom had to get smaller turn signals because of the seat that Harley used on the SE Fatboy. If I remember correctly the chrome tail section interfered with using the forward hole on the fender strut for mounting so Tom had to get smaller turn signals and had to mount the bag in a dfferent spot on the strut. Im sure he will chime in and tell us the real deal though.

Chris

Old 09-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey Chris!
Yeah I think Tom as well as I had a saga thread in here about how much fun it was to put large bags on a fatboy, but yeah with his seat, he had a rougher time with it I think. My seat actually rubs up against the top of the bag, so I've got it all crammed on there about as much as I can.

Silvrbill, Glad you had the same experience I did and I think about all I've read in here that have their bags have.. Max and Donna are great. That was my decision maker... If I was going to spend a bunch of cash on a set of bags, I for one would rather do the business with a nice small company like that, where they make the finest product they can, and you can actually talk to the fella that's making your bags.