Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some inspiration. Need pics of custom fatboys

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2022 | 10:12 AM
Fogleguy
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Owned two FB's, built them totally different. I never cared for freeway/beach bars, always been an ape kind of guy.
The first an '05 Anniversary edition 95CI. Ok for puttin around short distance.
The second I put a lot of miles on, very comfortable, '19 FLFBS,

that's actually the same apes I'm looking at gettin. 14" or 16" and how's the height and how tall are you?

Old 05-02-2022 | 03:53 PM
rjwin
Advanced

I'm thinking one of these guys would be over the load limit.

Old 05-02-2022 | 04:07 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fogleguy
1998 fatboy. The bike is sentimental so I can't cut on it but I have a new set of fenders and a new tank I can mess with. I am thinking about going with a shorter rear fender and using stock fender struts with custom strut covers and a chopped front fender. Also want to run 18 inch wheels front and rear. Will the 18s in the rear be an issue? Post pictures please I need to see some fatboys that are customized to give me that final push to get going.

The only thing I'd put on that Fatboy is WAX and the last thing would be 18s. I did 18/16 to my Heritage. I liked it in the beginning but after a year I wasn't fond of it at all. Every time I walked away and looked back it wasn't the Classic Heritage I fell in love in with. So to stay the least, the Fat 52 spokes came off and back to 16s, not to mention the issues I had with the wheels. She's a sweet looking bike.

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (05-04-2022)
Old 05-03-2022 | 06:38 PM
Fogleguy
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
The only thing I'd put on that Fatboy is WAX and the last thing would be 18s. I did 18/16 to my Heritage. I liked it in the beginning but after a year I wasn't fond of it at all. Every time I walked away and looked back it wasn't the Classic Heritage I fell in love in with. So to stay the least, the Fat 52 spokes came off and back to 16s, not to mention the issues I had with the wheels. She's a sweet looking bike.
I dont like fat spokes at all. I want a small spoke like 50 or 60 spoke chrome so a classic look. I also don't like the solid wheel looks wise or in function either its rough with crosswind. What kind of wheel issues did you have?

Old 05-03-2022 | 06:51 PM
Fogleguy
|
6th Gear

More pictures. I really want to put apes on first then go with smaller fenders and new seat etc. Just can't decide on what size ape to go with. I'm looking at 1.5inch fat apes but can't decide between 14 and 16 inch

During my first ride before I started working on the fatboy

Old 05-04-2022 | 01:54 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

I had DNA wheels, they rusted around the nipples in less than a year and DNA wouldn't honor the warranty and just blew me off.

Old 05-04-2022 | 03:12 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fogleguy
1998 fatboy. The bike is sentimental so I can't cut on it but I have a new set of fenders and a new tank I can mess with. I am thinking about going with a shorter rear fender and using stock fender struts with custom strut covers and a chopped front fender. Also want to run 18 inch wheels front and rear. Will the 18s in the rear be an issue? Post pictures please I need to see some fatboys that are customized to give me that final push to get going.

I love that color blue.....

Is it the "Deep Cobalt" or "Pacific Blue Pearl"...... or is it a custom color...

Old 05-05-2022 | 08:31 AM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by samsquanch
that bike is beautiful! Great color, almost looks like it glows! Good call on not cutting stock tins. Really good looking bike as is.
Agreed. There have been occasions over the years where I've gotten a bug to make some pretty drastic changes to all of my bikes. And on one occasion, that being my 2012 Street Glide, I did just that only to regret it. So much so that I ended up selling the bike because my bright ideas were not so bright.

In any event, I'd perhaps change out the bars on that beauty and maybe a cover here/there or a set of nice spoked wheels but that would be about it. She's a beaut! In fact, I'm half tempted to throw you an offer for it to keep her as she sits so you can go mod another one. But I understand the sentimental aspect of it. Good luck with your decision on how you move forward...just keep the old parts so you don't end up as I did on my SG. let us know what you do and pics are always appreciated.

Just for giggles, below is a pic of my 2005 FB. Paint, bars/nacelle ,exhaust, doo-dads and chromed. Still has the FB look with uncut tins.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bopple Hill Rd:
04FXDI (05-07-2022), Fogleguy (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022 | 11:43 AM
LenBoyLo
Tourer

Nice bike; What size front tire are you running ? Looks upsized from stock. Have a look in my profile for my FatBoyLo pics. The paint was done by Mark Chase in Huson, Montana. madshaddow custom paint. He and all sorts of other guys nation wide do custom paint. Best of luck.

Fogleguy (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022 | 01:47 PM
Fogleguy
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by hattitude
I love that color blue.....

Is it the "Deep Cobalt" or "Pacific Blue Pearl"...... or is it a custom color...
Its a custom blue. The bike was originally sinister blue i think but it was repainted a few years ago in what I was told is a bmw paint code but I do not know the name for it.

hattitude (05-05-2022)

Quick Reply: Need some inspiration. Need pics of custom fatboys