Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i bought some big fat beach bars!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 07:46 PM
tehan2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 5,593 Likes on 1,255 Posts

@miky2001 it's been a few months, lets see them installed

I couldn't give 2 ***** about the additional drama, I want to see the bike

Old 07-05-2022, 08:02 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 908 Likes on 588 Posts

Please do not take this the wrong way, there's always that "to each is own" theory. That Springer is absolutely gorgeous, those Fat spokes and beach bars need to go, I looked and looked for a Springer for 2 years and couldn't find one. I finally found a Heritage I fell in love with. I made a huge mistake, added a fairing, Fat 52 DNA spoke wheels., Wana know something? I never got use to the look. So back to stock she went. I would cut nut to have your bike in factory form. I got sucked in by the Cholo look, but while I was there, I realized the Heritage Classic I fell in love with, well it wasn't that bike anymore. So I brought her back to what she was.

Those Panhead covers are nice, but you realize anyone with bike knowledge will see right through them. Not being a jerk, just ride the bike you fell in love with it, leave it alone.4

Originally Posted by tehan2
I have the same bars and love them. I have mine low so they JUST miss the tank.
low speed, sharp turns have me leaning toward quite a bit. But how many low speed sharp turns are we taking?

Last edited by 04FXDI; 07-05-2022 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:14 PM
miky2001
Tourer
Received 107 Likes on 54 Posts

@miky2001 it's been a few months, lets see them installed

I couldn't give 2 ***** about the additional drama, I want to see the bike

I will finish this bike tomorrow and will take some better pics.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:58 PM
miky2001
Tourer

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
Please do not take this the wrong way, there's always that "to each is own" theory. That Springer is absolutely gorgeous, those Fat spokes and beach bars need to go, I looked and looked for a Springer for 2 years and couldn't find one. I finally found a Heritage I fell in love with. I made a huge mistake, added a fairing, Fat 52 DNA spoke wheels., Wana know something? I never got use to the look. So back to stock she went. I would cut nut to have your bike in factory form. I got sucked in by the Cholo look, but while I was there, I realized the Heritage Classic I fell in love with, well it wasn't that bike anymore. So I brought her back to what she was.

Those Panhead covers are nice, but you realize anyone with bike knowledge will see right through them. Not being a jerk, just ride the bike you fell in love with it, leave it alone.4
You better hurry up and do what this boy wonder says. Put that bike back to the way you found it so it looks just like all the rest of them. Plus his opinion is important.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:26 PM
tehan2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 5,593 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FXDI

I go back and forth on the pan covers. they were on the bike when I bought it, I say I'm going to pull them, and then decide screw it they look ok and don't care what others think, and I'm not telling anyone the bike is a panhead (and anyone that knows already knows, right) so why give up a saturday to swap them out

Next year it could have drag pipes, a peanut tank and bobbed fenders. I've kept all the stock parts, so it can always go back. In the meantime, the 39" fishtails sound awesome and the beach bars are super comfortable

another option is to make me an offer, if it makes sense, I'll sell you the bike and you can do whatever you'd like with it... but I don't have the stock 5 speed or rear shocks anymore, everything else you can have and sell off the rest

The following users liked this post:
04FXDI (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 05:59 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

Yea, no thanks.
another option is to make me an offer

Old 07-06-2022, 06:04 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

You obviously have a comprehension problem, or just read what you want. Funny thing is those big wheels are what "looks like the rest of them" But hey you know best. I'm done here, I finally realized trying to have a discussion with an idiot on the internet is like arguing with a women, they're always right and have to get the last word in. Look on the bright side, you'll make a someone a great wife someday. I'm out.

Originally Posted by miky2001
You better hurry up and do what this boy wonder says. Put that bike back to the way you found it so it looks just like all the rest of them. Plus his opinion is important.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:29 PM
miky2001
Tourer
Old 07-08-2022, 10:42 AM
HarleyHappy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 5,432 Likes on 2,242 Posts

To each his own.
Like to see a tight turn done with that bike probably be a hoot, my arms aren’t that long lol

Old 07-08-2022, 07:17 PM
miky2001
Tourer

because we spend most of our time making tight turns.

Quick Reply: i bought some big fat beach bars!!