Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The biiootch backed out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007 | 05:31 PM
T Rat
Tourer
Default RE: The biiootch backed out!!!

What kinda BU77 5H!T is that? Yeah, f'em!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 08-11-2007 | 06:26 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior

That sounds like it could be a sales trick to get more $ at the last minute when the customer is committed to the sale. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a call in a few days saying the other buyer "backed out".

I may be paranoid but I've seen these sort of tricks played before at car dealers.

Old 08-11-2007 | 06:33 PM
toprofile
Tourer

Sorry dood . . .
I also agree it was a verbal contract that she should have honored.

However (I hate when I remember **** like this tho) My friends wife 'asked' me when I came to purchase/pickup up a Wrangler we had agreed to purchase from her, if she could sell it to this other guy who just offered her $1500 more by tele.
Wifes friend was seriously cash strapped.
I didn't have the xtra to match it.
and I just said sure . . .

In that instance it was the right thing to do. She needed the fricken money.
AND she 'asked' me and made no assumptions.

but still . . . .
she has a SMOKIN butt . . .

Old 08-11-2007 | 06:35 PM
Psycho
Road Master

ORIGINAL: smknflms

..sounds like she backed out of a verbal contract and at least should compensate you for time, gas, and trailer expenses.
Later
My thoughts exactly.

On that note, I had the same thing happen to me many years ago, over a V65 Magna. Borrowed my uncles suburban and trailer, and drove from st. augustine, all the way to tampa. When I got there, the guy wouldnt' sell the bike. Said his brother said he wanted it. I fussed with him for a minute, went to the truck to leave, before I left, I rolled down the window and held up a big wad of hundred dollar bills, and said last chance, he shook his head, I left.

Two days later, he called and said his brother backed out of the deal. I said good for you, now you know what it feels like, and hung up.

A verbal contract to sell, is what it is. I've had to turn away higher offers because I'd already had a verbal deal with someone, and i've had others do the same for me. She screwed you, period.

Old 08-11-2007 | 07:17 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

Ya, but in reality the world just doesn't play along with the 'rules' .... And what does a person to do about it? About the only thing you can do is conceed that the person who just screwed you "Is just not a nice person"... Whooptee Freekin Do!

Learn by it and next time ... Get the agreement on paper!!!!

Old 08-12-2007 | 10:50 AM
ratzila
Tourer

Sorry for the deal going bad. You could also be lucky she wasn't trying to get more money out of you. Just calling you to say she got a better offer so you can counter offer. Good luck on finding another bike. There will always bea bike for sale somewhere [sm=biker.gif]

[/align]

Old 08-12-2007 | 11:02 AM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain

Thats a bunch of BS if you ask me! What happened to honor and honesty these days?

Old 08-12-2007 | 11:57 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Disappointing to see attitudes who think this is OK, or that the deal isn't sealed until it's in writing with a deposit. Sad state of affairs these days - everyone should be on notice from this thread that they need to cover their butts in future dealings.

I myself would seriously consider at least taking her to small-claims court to get reimbursed for the expenses. The emotional intercourse of having the deal fall through is one thing, but paying out cold, hard cash for the rental and travel costs are an additional punch in the stomach that I couldn't accept. If she made extra money on the deal, then I guess some feel that's her right. If it cost you hard dollars trying to honor your end and complete the deal, then you should share in her windfall at least to the extent of your costs.

Figure it the other way - if she had agreed on the sale, and was delivering the bike to you, but you backed out when she was around the corner because you found an identical bike for $2k less, how would she feel??? Would she accept that she was out of pocket for the expenses? I doubt it.

Roger

Old 08-12-2007 | 12:01 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Just read it again and noticed that it was a dealership... I'd be launching a campaign of bad publicity against them myself until they reimbursed me for costs, or I felt that I had impacted their business sufficiently. But that's just me - I can be vindictive and hard-headed.

Old 08-12-2007 | 12:03 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Last thought - it was a dealer, so I'd be sure to make the GM or Regional Manager aware of the incident, if you haven't already done so. I'd expect they'd be eager to try tomake it right and avoid bad publicity and ill will, if they have any integrity themselves.

Quick Reply: The biiootch backed out!!!