Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLSTN

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
vonzipper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLSTN

Here's my HD R&D, I used to have a Road King Classic. True, it's a great bike but the amount of women checking me out on it was minimal at best, although older men seemed to give me the occasional "thumbs up" I felt I needed a brighter, shinier object an something less like a cop bike, So I switched to a Deluxe. Well the old men's thumbs haven't gone down, but now at almost every stoplight women are winking and smiling at me. Revelation! So Joe, yes tell your friend "it's defiantly a girls bike" VZ

Old 08-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 16 Posts

Last itme I checked Im still a man eventhough I bought a 2007 Deluxe 2 months ago. I think the Deluxe is the most well done Harley out of the factory, period. If he likes the Deluxe tell him to get the Deluxe and tell those jealous punks to be quiet.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:37 AM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Puh-lease, what is a girl's bike anyway? Long before girls even rode motorcycles, what was a girl's bike? I have seen women riding Roadking's, Streetglide's, Suzuki's, Honda's, and even a Ducati, etc, etc...so are they now all girl's bikes? Just because we have female policeofficers, does that make policing a girl's job now?

People that make statements like that obviously have extremely low IQ's. I have a friend nicknamed "Moose" who rides a sportster and I guarantee no one in their right mind would tell him he's riding a girl's bike.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:11 PM
deluxxxe
Cruiser

Last time I checked my nuts were still intact.Ride what you like, not what people tell you to ride. Unless they would like to buy it for you.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:23 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhm....no. not a girls bike at all!! tell your buddy to slap the **** out of everyone that says so!!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 12:25 PM
GatorDeluxe
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: deluxxxe

Last time I checked my nuts were still intact.Ride what you like, not what people tell you to ride. Unless they would like to buy it for you.
Yup, I'm sitting here with mine in my hand and my '07 Deluxe in the garage so I'm pretty sure I'm not a chick and I don't own a chick's bike.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:21 PM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

It is only a girls bike if it is owned by a girl. There is no such thing as a girls bike. I am a man and get a lot of positive comments on my Deluxe from both men and women. My Deluxe is the right bike for me. It is very comfortable and fits me like a glove. I can strip it down and it becomes a perfect bar bike or I can throw the windshield and bags on it in about 1 minute and be off for the weekend. I happen to love the nostalgic look and that is what I wanted out of my bike. Tell your buddy to grab his nuts, man up and buy whatHE likes.

Mark

Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 PM
jwfrank@twcny.rr.com
Intermediate

This is too much!! I wanted a little help but you guys sure set the record straight. Hell, I'm thinkin' maybe I should get rid of the Roadking and get a Deluxe myself!! Only thing is then it seems I'd have to look to in the mirror to see if I'm a lesbian or not. I don't think they're sportin' an HD though ..... read this to see what I mean: http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/othe...lesbian%20cars

Funny thing, after I sent the link for this thread to my friend, I haven't heard from him. Maybe you all did too good a job. I do think the point has been made though. Keep the comments coming, they make for a good read.

Joe

Old 08-10-2007, 09:32 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 514 Likes on 358 Posts

My ***hole !!!!!!!

The Nostalgia or Deluxe or whatever is the closest thing we have to the hard core Harley's of old !!!
(I love that red one in this thread by the way !!) The Fatboy and Heritage are right there too.
Girls bike?? Whatever. My wife rides an 03 pearl white Heritage. She doesn't like the Deluxe.
Allot of gals I see ride Dyna's, probably due to the size and center of gravity. Bang for the buck, that Superglide is a pretty good deal. My wife rode a Dyna Low Rider and hated it. So it comes back to each their own.

Tell your buddy to buy what he wants. When was the last time you met a salesman at a Harley dealership that had been selling bikes(riding) for more than a yr or two?

Old 08-11-2007, 11:30 AM
T Rat
Tourer

Thanks for the compliments guys! I love the RETRO styling of the deluxe and HD did a damned fine job in creating it. The design team came up with the deluxe to celebrate Harley Designs throughout the years. I'm trying to take it a few steps further.

My dad has an 06 Ultra Classic and after riding my bike several times he now owns two Harleys...an 07 Deluxe.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: FLSTN