Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Softail seat more comfortable for long distance?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021 | 08:11 AM
Leaping1
Advanced

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
Mean City Cycles does exactly this, they don't just chop up your seat and do what they want, they do what you want and need. You talk to them on the phone, they get your weight, height, bike make and model, then ask you exactly what you want. When the seat arrives, it's exactly what you ordered. I've gone through the seat struggle with my Dyna, seat after seat after seat. Only thing I found I really liked on my Dyna was a C&C Seat, but honestly, I did not like it on my Heritage. Mean City is he way to go, but that's just MHO.
I totally agree about Mean City Cycles. I've had several seats done by them and was more than pleased. Will save you money over most custom seats also.

The following users liked this post:
Mr.Softy (12-01-2021)
Old 11-22-2021 | 10:15 AM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Rode the ‘07 Heritage in my pic across the US and back. 8K miles, 21 days, two lane roads and Motel 6 all day long. Stock seat was perfect.

Old 11-22-2021 | 01:11 PM
duffy8540
Tourer

I have been riding for many years on many different bikes with many different seats (OEM's, Mustang, Corbin, Saddleman, Ultima. etc). The very best (most comfortable) is the stock (I think) seat on my 05' Springer. A 732 mile weekend and absolutely zero butt discomfort.

Like so many folks have said, all butts are different. Yours probably requires something different than mine. Test sit as many as possible or be prepared to spend lots of money and garner lots of disappointment. Good luck..........

Old 11-22-2021 | 01:26 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jet Peddler
I'm looking at picking up a 2018 Heritage Classic with a Saddlemen Step-up seat. Looking to do some long rides on the bike (500 miles+ a day).
I know everybody is a little different, but in general, would I be better off with the Saddlemen or going back to a stock seat for long distance comfort?

Thanks in advance.
You could always do like I did if you wanna know the answer to your question. I rode my Springer with the stock seat on it for a few thousand miles. I found that my butt didn't like the seat so I bought a different seat and it was like night and day difference. My butt liked it better and I was able to ride longer without stopping. Just a thought but you might give it a try and see for yourself. Good luck to ya

Old 11-22-2021 | 02:06 PM
Steve Sportster
Outstanding HDF Member

My stock, OEM seat suite me on my 2018 Heritage. Lots of 400+ mile days with no problem. A couple of 500+ mile days, too. To each his own.

tngarren (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021 | 03:21 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Iron butt run use to mean whatever saddle was on there, now days everyone needs custom cushion trying to beat the old school record...lmfao

Old 11-23-2021 | 10:46 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I have a Mustang wide touring seat on my Heritage and have made several 500-700 mile rides in a day. I wouldn’t have anything else.

Old 11-24-2021 | 12:10 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

My experiences:

Stock Badlander seat - 1, MAYBE 2 hours before back and *** were destroyed. Was gone within the first few weeks of bringing Reaper home in 2005.

BAR Enterprises Hitchhiker Plain - all day, multi-hundred - 1000+ mile/day seat. After 11 years, and one recover, I wanted to get it recovered and re-foamed. No longer in business.

Corbin Gunfighter & Lady - all day, multi-hundred - 1000+ mile/day seat.

Mustang Extra Wide Touring - all day, multi-hundred - 1000+ mile/day seat.

Mustang Extra Wide Regal Duke - all day, multi-hundred - 1000+ mile/day seat.

I bought the Extra Wide Touring seat, when the Corbin was my main seat, for my ex-OL. The passenger portion of the Corbin was a torture device for her! Now that I have the Regal Duke seat, I don't use the Wide Touring anymore, and my passengers are perfectly comfy on the Duke. The Corbin, sat me nice and low, and at the perfect legroom distance for me. The Wide Touring seat pushes me forward and up a little. The Regal Duke puts me in my perfect legroom position, but is a little taller in the seat than the Corbin. All 3 provide lots of lower back support. The reason I replaced the Corbin with the Duke was that, due to my error, the leather top had shrunk, pulling it away from the foam, causing a "hot spot" in my lower back/lumbar area, that got pretty uncomfortable after a couple of hours. I tried to get ahold of Corbin to inquire about a recover a few times, but they never got back to me, so I went with the Duke. Overall, I prefer the Duke in both comfort, and looks.

Cheers!

Last edited by Clammy; 11-24-2021 at 12:44 AM.
SPRINGER (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021 | 03:36 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

I didn't see where he mentioned anything about the IB. But as we all know seats and asses are different. I don't see an issue making things a little more comfortable for the rider or the passenger. Nobody would ever know my seat was done over by MCC. But at the end of 7, 8 or more hours in it my *** and back sure like it. Mean City was a win win for and GF.

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Iron butt run use to mean whatever saddle was on there, now days everyone needs custom cushion trying to beat the old school record...lmfao

SPRINGER (11-24-2021)
Old 11-28-2021 | 02:08 PM
firefour
Cruiser

My Mustang seat suits me just fine!

Mustang seat with backrest and it makes a world of difference!
Really love my Mustang seat and so does my passenger! The backrest is absolutely the best and can be removed easily if you want to ride without it! Best investment ever for my 2015 Heritage Classic!

Quick Reply: Which Softail seat more comfortable for long distance?