Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yup, she's nekkiddd!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:36 PM
bigdeek
Advanced
Received 38 Likes on 4 Posts
Default yup, she's nekkiddd!

Well, i'm a newbie here and just picked up my springer. Got the olive with the vivid black two tone tank. Just drove it home. Couldn't find that 5th gear noise I've heard about, or at least yet. Handles very well. Definately heavier than my last bike. This is my first springer and it performs much better than I thought. I thought I was going to give up some plushness in the front end, but nope. Man, or man, is this thing QUIET. So, my first order of biz is slipons, an efi controller (need some opinions on that one - looking at either PC III or the simple dfo?????), and a new and smaller round air cleaner. And, finally, am now in search of a drivers backrest which I'm hoping will be much cheaper than a new seat/backrest. The stock seat seems fine for me right now. Lilke the 6 gear indicator, but wish it displayed a digit for the rest of the gears as well. Oh yeah, need passing lights and luggage. Time to do some searching through the forums. Well, off to read the manual. Just wanted to drop in and say hey. Here's a horrible shot of the paint scheme - camera batteries died after the first shot, oh well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38138/9D114438A7A146E89F069BBFE4864668.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
gunner065
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: yup, she's nekkiddd!

Welcome from British Columbia Canada. Well have fun dressing up your nekkidd ride. My '08 FB will be here in just over two weeks. I, like a lot of people here, am going with the V&H BSS, stage 1 A/C (will change to K&N soon enough) and just the factory remap for now. If the ride is not so good, maybe a PCIII. I've found they are very popular. Enjoy.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
IsurvivedNMU
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled in by the title....... Twice in one day.,.....

Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

I'm in more or less the same boat. I got my Springer a couple weeks back and am in the process of dressing her up. I did get the passing lamps put on at the dealership, but I have to work on the rest now. I will say that getting accessories is an interesting challenge since the Springer has a few unique parts that limit ones accessory options. Luggage is proving to be my biggest challenge since I have very specific things I'm looking for.

All that being said, though, I think I will manage to get what I want on the Springer, and I love it so far. I'm looking forward to getting the stage 1 done. It does run a little hotter than my Sportster, but not THAT much hotter. I got the oil temp gauge and it just reads about 230 and it's almost 100 out these days. Before the stage 1 my Sportster ran just about that hot also.

I'm be interested in comparing notes on our upgrades, one new Springer owner to another.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:06 AM
TraumaKing
Banned

Mine was dressed outfrom the factorywhenI bought her. Then I made her get undressed, now that old school look is there! Of course with a few mods!

Now to
remove the add ons!

Now let's replace the stock tank badge with the original 1940's emblem!

Old 08-09-2007, 08:06 AM
dsrtdoc
Cruiser

Traumaking
Love the look of your stripped beauty. Make me have second thoughts about my decision. Good lookn scoot. Dsrtdoc

Old 08-09-2007, 08:11 AM
TraumaKing
Banned

Thanks for the compliment dsrtdoc!

Old 08-09-2007, 08:21 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

MY scoot is the anti-Trauma king scoot, its really dressed up lol

Old 08-09-2007, 12:30 PM
TraumaKing
Banned

The nice thing bgismo20 is that we can easily convert ours at will depending on the application of the day

Old 08-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: TraumaKing
Mine was dressed outfrom the factorywhenI bought her. Then I made her get undressed, now that old school look is there! Of course with a few mods!
What bags and detachable hardware for the bags do you have on there? The way you have the luggage rack and bags set up is pretty much exactly how I wanted to set mine up, so I was wondering where you got all of that.

I also like the classic horn on the front. Very nice motorcycle.

Quick Reply: yup, she's nekkiddd!