Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FX Springer - Gone forever?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:34 PM
baggerman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FX Springer - Gone forever?

I saw an 07 SE FX Springer today. The orange paint and the crazy pricenot for me. Does anyone know if we'll see anotherFX Springer from the MoCo in the near future?I want to get a FX to do some mild customizing(old school bar banger). Like the new motor and theSoftail Custom, but always wanted a Springer.

Thanks

Old 08-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: FX Springer - Gone forever?

Whattya talking about, that SE Springer with the orange paint job is bitchin', 110 cu screamin' eagle granite powder coated engine. Hate to tell you, but it might be time to get your eyes checked. Not much left to do to that bike to finish it off. Best looking bike MOCO came out with this year in my opinion.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Unibomber
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont know if we will see my baby again. Now they put the mini tire on the Springer, which really kills the classic Springer look. Im very happy with mine and will probably keep it forever. I think it is a classic HD icon and dont see how they cant bring it back at some time..........

Old 08-05-2007, 10:30 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I agree with ya, the Springer is a classic design and I like mine as well.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:33 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Your guess is as good as mine about seeing another HD Springer. But if you want to do some mild customizing, you can always get an aftermarket springer.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:04 AM
ThePirate
Cruiser

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Serpentsminion
Cruiser

Hope they aren't gone forever.... I picked up an 07 Night Train Softail last year andwanted to tossa springer frontend on it. Turns out they don't even sell the front end kits anymore from Harley like they used to. Need an HD kit too, since I'm gonna be payin on it for 6 yrs and to keep warranty coverage on all parts.

So, I'm stuck. I didn't get a springer because the night train was pretty much the bike I wanted from the neck back and was depending on just being able to grab the kit and throw it on.

Hopefully I'll be able to score an HD frontend sometime, either Ebay or whatever. Skinny tire or Classic Wide w/fender- either one would work.

[sm=smiley6.gif]

Old 08-06-2007, 07:46 PM
baggerman
Cruiser

Hey Serps, nice Night Train. How tough is it to keep that wrinkle blackfrom fading and such? I dig the Night Train but not sure about the wrinkle black treatment over the long haul.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Serpentsminion
Cruiser

Thx man, Haven't noticed any fading really yet.... but she's only a yr old. The powdercoat is actually harder to keep clean than the wrinkle... scratches and smudges show up pretty easy on it. I just take a big wet sponge to it, does good enough for me. And I'm not too worried about scratches really as long as they're not too big. I liked my bike specifically beCUZ it was low maintenence and not all shiny. I'm lazy, lol. And I detest detailing chrome for some reason. It has a couple scrapes from like my keys, wallet chain, kids climbin on it in the garage, etc etc. but nothin major. If I ever decided to sell it I'd just get the tank and fender re-coated I guess.

My 9 yr old wants to ride on it with me, so pretty soon I'll be throwin a detatchable sissy bar mount on it with a tall backrest and probably a rack since I'm always bungee-ing things to my fender.

Anyway- back to topic, on those springer forks- someday I WILL have 'em.....lol. I looked on the web last nite- ebay and other sites and found a ton of aftermarket forks from a myriad different places, but none that were Harley. Prices were anywhere from 500-800 depending on how long they were or what extra parts they may come with, whereas the forks that harley sold were 2800 a pop. and that was with no fender, no wheel, no nuthin.

Where's the justice.....? haha.