Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Seat for my Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 03:07 PM
gene_harley
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Seat for my Heritage

Looking a new seat for my Heritage. Trying not to be cheap here, but I am having a bit of sticker shock.

As signature series from Harley Davidson is $549
A Saddlemen Heritage Explorer is $658

Is the Saddlemen worth the extra $110?
Is there a better option?

Passenger comfort is important too.
Thanks in advance!

Old 05-26-2021, 04:04 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,878 Likes on 812 Posts

Take a look at Mustang. I have an Extra Wide Regal Duke as my main seat, which is very comfy for both rider and passenger. I also have a Wide Touring seat, which is even MORE comfortable for the passenger, but I find not as comfy for the driver.

Mustang prices are reasonable, and the seats are great!

Extra Wide Regal Duke:

Wide Touring:

Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
gene_harley (05-26-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 04:18 AM
firefour
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

L

Love my Mustang seats!!!!!! Purchased them the first week I bought my new 2015 Heritage! The back rest is a game changer for me! It provides support and comfort and I can ride all day with no issues! BTW at 67, I have three herniated disc in my lower back. So believe me these seats are worth their weight in gold

The following users liked this post:
Ingramite (05-27-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 06:57 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 908 Likes on 588 Posts

Normally I would I highly recommend C&C Seats, great place to deal with. Quality and workmanship is second to non. But my last seat, not so much, a lot firmer then I remember. So if you'd like to keep the factory look, check out Mean City Cycles. Their Memory Foam upgrade is what you want. I did it my factory 2UP and also a solo.

I had them shave the sides so my legs are closer and along with lowering me 1" it was a perfect fit. As far as my passenger pillion, they dropped it 1" and also did the memory foam upgrade, I'm talking all day comfort, not a 2 or 3 hour ride, but 7/8/9 hours in the saddle. The GF and I tour a lot, she never complains about a sore *** or being uncomfortable, another option I highly recommend for passenger comfort is a set of floorboards, they're night and day then the standard pegs.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:40 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,236 Likes on 4,427 Posts

Seat comfort is very subjective... One man's heaven is another man's hell... With the price of seats, it can get expensive finding the "perfect" seat... for you...

It's not always possible, but if you can ever try out a seat prior to putting down a good amount of money, you should do it..

Harley has a seat demo program that is available at most dealers. Some manufacturers, I believe Saddleman is one of them, has "super centers" that are supposed to allow you to take one of their seats for ride before purchase.

In many cases, sooner or later, you'll just look at all the recommendations and decide to buy a seat... I'm on seat #4 for my baggers... All the seats were better than OEM, but I've yet to find that perfect seat, for me, to ride all day in comfort..

Good luck with your decision...

Old 05-27-2021, 11:11 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 908 Likes on 588 Posts

I agree whole heartedly with this statement. I use to be an avid cyclist, road racing and touring, so I guess anything to me is comfortable, especially when coming off a tiny thin strip of carbon fiber. lol

I will say I've tried several different seats starting back when I had my Dyna. Saddleman, Mustang, LePera, C&C Seats, a couple different HD OEM seats, and I still find my Mean City Cycles to be the best out of all them, for me. The GF and I take off for weekenders all the time, and with 1 or 2 good week long or better trips a year. I have no complaints.

Originally Posted by hattitude
Seat comfort is very subjective... One man's heaven is another man's hell... With the price of seats, it can get expensive finding the "perfect" seat... for you...

It's not always possible, but if you can ever try out a seat prior to putting down a good amount of money, you should do it..

Harley has a seat demo program that is available at most dealers. Some manufacturers, I believe Saddleman is one of them, has "super centers" that are supposed to allow you to take one of their seats for ride before purchase.

In many cases, sooner or later, you'll just look at all the recommendations and decide to buy a seat... I'm on seat #4 for my baggers... All the seats were better than OEM, but I've yet to find that perfect seat, for me, to ride all day in comfort..

Good luck with your decision...