Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price for a Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007 | 04:05 PM
aliandray
Cruiser
Default RE: Price for a Rocker C

ORIGINAL: rockerhead

The GOOD folks @ Grand Canyon HD felt that MSRP was agood price for my new Rocker standard coming in Sept. Not all stealers are greedy!
No way we would pay above list price in the UK for anything, but at the same time there is also no way you will currently get a reduction. Local dealer here has taken deposits for 10 Rockers already and the official 08 launch at dealers in the UK has yet to happen!!! Still might buy one myself instead of the FXSTC.

Old 08-02-2007 | 05:39 PM
ROCKERDAN
Intermediate

Here we have two dealers near me...one dealer is going to try to get as much as he can for the rockers,as he is not allowing anyone to put a name on one(unlike an other bikes he sells).....so I stayed far from this local stealer...

the other dealer here,treats me good...I told them the day I saw it online I wanted one....got myname on a C model,for MSRP....no different then any other bike they sell....I think any dealer trying to get more the MSRP is not worth giving business too....they make enough on these bikes already!

as for comparos of the rocker to ANY other AIRcooled HD...there is NONE!.....rocker is finally going to fill the niche of what todays rider wants.....I would have bought a Vrod,but the rocker now has my eye...but to each his own,we all have different tastes....Im just so happy HD finally made something I want other then a VROD.

anything less then a 240 on the back seems so skinny to me....cant wait to squeeze a 260 under that rocker,like all the Vrod guys are doing....just SICK!

Dan

Old 08-02-2007 | 09:02 PM
djkolp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ROCKERDAN

Here we have two dealers near me...one dealer is going to try to get as much as he can for the rockers,as he is not allowing anyone to put a name on one(unlike an other bikes he sells).....so I stayed far from this local stealer...

the other dealer here,treats me good...I told them the day I saw it online I wanted one....got myname on a C model,for MSRP....no different then any other bike they sell....I think any dealer trying to get more the MSRP is not worth giving business too....they make enough on these bikes already!

as for comparos of the rocker to ANY other AIRcooled HD...there is NONE!.....rocker is finally going to fill the niche of what todays rider wants.....I would have bought a Vrod,but the rocker now has my eye...but to each his own,we all have different tastes....Im just so happy HD finally made something I want other then a VROD.

anything less then a 240 on the back seems so skinny to me....cant wait to squeeze a 260 under that rocker,like all the Vrod guys are doing....just SICK!

Dan
You might be on to something. When I first saw the Rocker, it was a one dimensional side profile pic, like the one in your post. Then I saw it in the new'08' parts catalog. That is one fine looking bike. I can only imagine how great it looks on the showroom floor. I think HD really set the Rocker apart from anything they have in their current line of bikes. HD will do very well with this one! Enjoy.

DJK

Old 08-04-2007 | 06:50 AM
kiteman
Cruiser

G'day Turul,
The pic was taken by my "other three-quarters" from the pillion seat. I always ask her to take more pics so we get more good ones!! Just hold it out there,point it and press the button. It's a 4 year old Canon Ixus 400 (4meg) and still takes excellent pics (up to 10" X 8" quality prints). The latest Ixus cams are 8 and 9 meg and some have "IS" Image Stabilsation" which is ideal for bike shots to help cut out some vibration. The camera is sensibly small and fits easily into a pocket. Remember though that you will always get the best pics in good conditions. Dark days or overly sun-bright days are not so good. Rule 1 is make sure that you have a half decent wrist strap attached!!!

Incidentally, when all the other guys are standing there bolt upright taking pics with their digitals, try crouching down low, placing a neat looking Harley in the foreground and to one side a bit and see how good your photos start to look!! Even try holding the camera at ground level pointing slightly upwards. Take a pic of your houndog at 12 " height instead of 6 feet andsee the world from his angle!

If you could send me your email address I'll send you a few samples that came out well.... mostly from pure ***!! hehehehe

all the best
Neil

Old 08-04-2007 | 07:50 AM
NZrider
Advanced

$34,650 on the road out the door no more to pay here in Perth Australia,have been in deep discussions with the commander and chief and there looks like there will be a stable mate,Shes got her eye on the fatty at the moment.

Old 08-04-2007 | 08:15 AM
kiteman
Cruiser

G'day NZrider !!

Maybe we havemet??....... maybe not. Perth's a small town! Drop me a line at :

neil@kite.net.auor call me days at work on 9387-5676. Hope you get one too!!! It's a stunning machine!!

cheers
Neil

Old 08-05-2007 | 12:22 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

Scary but plainly simple thing is... if none of us or VERY few of us were prepared to pay above MSRP or refused to buy from ANY dealer who profiteers by charging more, they would soon change their tune and only charge MSRP or better. Hence it is the customer who is to blame for the prices not the stealers who are smart enough to take advantage. Why does this seem somehow applicable to our countries and politics?

Glad you are smart and dealing with one of the good guys!

DeanO

ORIGINAL: rockerhead

The GOOD folks @ Grand Canyon HD felt that MSRP was a good price for my new Rocker standard coming in Sept. Not all stealers are greedy!