Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softail backrest

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:40 AM
grayboo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default softail backrest

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...mZ290101601549

has anyone tried this? i, like many of you, am looking for the perfect seat for my 05' heritage. i am honestly okay (for the time being) with my stock seat setup. icurrently can afford a mustang or corbin (don't tell my girlfriend what they cost!). i just want to spend my money onother goodies right now. i had a mustang seat w/ rider backrest on my 04'xl custom sportster. i loved it! it didpush me up and forward a bit but that damn backrest was worth it. however, i DON'T want the same thing with my heritage (as far as being pushed so much forward). i recently bought harley's heritage one pieceseat w/ the rider's backrest. it pushed me so far forward that i felt like i was sitting on the tank. it didn't even feel like i was riding the same bike. this here backrest looks like a possible solution. if anybody has tried this pleasereply to this. it really doesn't look half bad and the price is reasonable (assuming it works out). thanks! -- grayboo

Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: softail backrest

Looks like the same backrest they sell on their website. Here's a link ...

http://firehousecustoms.com/

The pics on their website are a little better. I contacted them with a couple questions about the rest. First item was concerned with was how easy it was to take off if you didn't want to use it for a ride. It is not "removable" like that on a Mustang. You have to remove the seat and take the whole unit off since it's actually bolted in place.

Second issue was whether it leans forward so that you don't have to throw your leg over it to mount or dismout the bike. It does not. It is a rigid system that remains in place. It is also not adjustable.

Big advantage ... it's cheaper than buying a whole new seat system. It also looks fairly decent, though I've not seen one in person yet.

Oh yeah, one other thing is that I understand it will move you a bit forward in the seat. The pic below shows the positioning pretty well.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 AM
grayboo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: softail backrest

wow! thanks for the quick reply doc. i was getting ready to go to bed and thought i'd check and here i am. i still may givethe backresta try. that'swhy i love this site - all of the useful insight i pick up. just the other day i read on here where someone uses "lemon pledge" (the stuff you use to dust your furniture) on their windshield. i tried it and i'll be damned if it isn't great!it get's "streak free" just like the can says!-- mark